Lying On the Couch

Jake's POV
We were still watching the movie while Izzy was still sleeping on my lap. Cubby laid against her as we were all wrapped up together. I was stroking Izzy's hair every now and then.

"Jake, this movie is awesome!" Cubby exclaimed as we were finishing the popcorn.

"I know it is...awww, doesn't Izzy look beautiful while she's sleeping?" I asked Cubby as I stroked Izzy's cheek.

"Yeah...she sleeps like an angel." Cubby whispered as we looked at Izzy in my arms. The movie was over.

"I'll clean everything up." Cubby offered. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll just lay Izzy on the couch and I'll help you." I exclaimed as I carefully got up since Izzy was sleeping on my lap. I gently layed Izzy on the couch and wrapped her up with two blankets and layed her head on a cushion.

"I'm here to help." I said as I put the bowls away as Cubby was done washing them.

"Thanks Jake!" Cubby exclaimed.

"I'm going to put Izzy into bed and then I'm going to bed myself." I exclaimed as I put the last bowl in the cupboard.

"Okay Jake. Good night." He exclaimed.

"Night Cubby." I said as I went to the living room and to the couch. I picked Izzy up in my arms and I carried her to bed. I put her in bed.

"Night Izz. Sweet dreams." I whispered into her ear and then I kissed her on her forehead. I pulled her duvet over her. I went into mine and Cubby's closet and I got changed into my PJs. I went to my bed and I fell asleep.

Izzy's POV
I was taking a nap on the couch until I woke up to the sound of the TV. I groaned while rubbing my eyes.

"Oops, sorry Izz! I didn't mean to wake you up." Jake exclaimed as he jumped in surprise.

"It's okay. I'm not tired." I exclaimed as I layed against the couch.

"Are you sure about that? Coz you slept all morning and night last night." Jake exclaimed as he layed against the couch with me.

"Ohh...aww...that means I missed half of the movie last night." I exclaimed, sad. I hate that I always fall asleep half way throughout movies. I don't know why I bother to watch them if all they do is make me tired.

"Izz, it's okay. Besides you still need to rest after your surgery two weeks ago." Jake exclaimed. I nodded. All I've been doing is sleeping ever since my surgery.

"I don't even remember falling asleep last night." I exclaimed.

"You were too tired last night. You can't help it, you just fall asleep like out like a light." Jake exclaimed while I nodded.

"But all I've been doing is sleeping ever since my surgery." I exclaimed.

"Izz, you know you need rest during your recovery. You're still recovering now." Jake exclaimed while I nodded.

"Was I sleeping a lot, the day after my surgery?" I asked him.

"Yeah but you couldn't help it. You had anesthesia when you had your surgery." Jake exclaimed.

"You're right Jake. I shouldn't fight my body for sleep." I exclaimed.

"Good. How about you lay on the couch with me and we'll watch TV together. How about that?" Jake exclaimed as he layed down on the couch.

"Sure Jake. I would love that." I said as we both layed on the couch with each other as Jake kept  flicking through the channels.

"Jake, just pick a channel." I groaned.

"I'm trying too. They're all boring." Jake complained.

"Here. Pass it to me." I said as he passed me the remote.

I changed it to Disney Channel.

"Problem solved!" I exclaimed as I layed back to watch Shake It Up. Jake sighed and layed back with me. I had my head on his chest.