Chapter 2

Max was too weak to move, and everyone knew that. He'd panicked when they all needed to jump. Frozen still he couldn't move, all he could feel was the pain of the crash.

'The boat is done for.' Topher folded his arms.

'Thanks for pointing out the obvious.' Scarlett snarled. 'However, I might be able to fix it.'

'Really?' Shawn asked. 'It's pretty fucked up.'

'Is your IQ 192?' She asked him.

'No.' He shook his head.

'Exactly.' She told him.

'While you do that.' Jasmine started. 'I'll go look for another way out.'

'I'll come with you.' Samey told her, standing up next to her.

'Are you sure splitting up is smart?' Dave asked.

Jasmine nodded. 'Better than all of us waiting here, to be murdered...'

Scarlett nodded. 'If I'm going to stay, I need protection.'

Jasmine nodded and groups started to form. Samey joined her with a begrudging Amy.

'I'll come to.' Rodney said, and he flexed his muscles slightly. 'I'm quite strong.'

Amy rolled her eyes at the four of them started heading off away from the group. They heard running behind them, and they turned back to see Topher jogging up to them.

'Topher?' Jasmine asked. 'Why are you coming?'

He sighed. 'I can't take one more word from that bloody redhead nerd. She's such a dick.'

The four shook their heads at him and they carried on as a group of five.

***

Scarlett dug deep, getting increasingly agitated by the eight others running amuck around her. She focused on remaking the boat. It was hard, though she didn't have any of the necessary equipment to fix the boat.

She sighed. 'I don't have any of the correct equipment.'

Sky walked up to her. 'Maybe we could get you something?' She asked.

Dave strolled next to her. 'Anything we can do.'

Scarlett nodded. 'I could do with a wrench, or some other tools for keeping these damned bolts in place.'

Ella nodded. 'Okay, but how are we going to get them?'

'There's a Fishing Shack along this shore.' She checked both sides. 'From the left of here. Several people were killed there.'

Sky nodded. 'Okay. I'll go, but I should probably have some backup.'

Dave immediately joined her. 'Me too.'

'Take Ella, Leonard and Shawn with you.' Scarlett said, not looking up.

The group nodded and they left as well.

Scarlett looked over at Max who was still lying down, Beardo taking care of him. Sugar was sat down arms crossed sitting underneath a tree.

She could work better now with less distractions, and she carried on working on fixing them an escape.