Chapter 6

Jasmine pulled Samey into her chest as the two hunched behind a rock. Trying to make the smallest amount of space possible they hunched down.

Samey peered up at the tall girl, her eyes wide open. She parted her lips like she was going to speak and Jasmine clamped a hand over her mouth. Samey looked up confused as they heard something snap a few metres away. Samey's eyebrows shot up and Jasmine placed her remaining hand on her own mouth. She sucked in a breath and after a few minutes she slowly moved up. She peered around however they were seemingly alone. Jasmine nodded, and the two girls quietly got up, Samey gratefully hugging her.

'Come on.' Jasmine whispered, taking her hand. 'Let's go.'

The short blonde nodded as the two ran back in the direction of the boat.

***

Confused Sky pulled ahead of the two guys. She looked around the shattered dock trying to find any clue of Ella or Leonard. The two oddballs had vanished from their previous location.

Sky raised her hands at Shawn and Dave who also looked around.

'Where do you reckon they are?' Shawn asked.

They heard a whimper.

Shawn instinctively dove to where they heard, and he found a frozen Ella.

'L-L-Leonard.' She stuttered.

Dave and Sky immediately joined him.

Ella's pink dress was painted red, and her face was snow-pale. 'Run.' She muttered.

'Where's Leonard?' Sky asked.

Ella raised her right arm, pointing behind a thick piece of shrapnel.

Quickly running over Dave gasped at the sight he saw. The young wizard wannabe was a twisted mess on the ground.

'He's dead.' Dave whispered under his breath.

That's all Shawn needed to hear as he scooped Ella up into his muscly arms. The other two looked at him surprised as he started running. Realising what he was doing the two ran after them, knowing they needed to get away.