Chapter 8

Samey nervously peered up at Jasmine who nodded in return. The creepy woman had left a few minutes ago, and he two girls knew they needed to take their shot and leave.
Slowly getting up they hunched down, moving towards the entrance.
Samey peered round the corner and gave Jasmine the all clear that they could go. The two girls sprinted out of the cave towards the light where they came to a sudden halt at the entrance.
The woman was in the distance but she hadn't noticed them yet.
'Shit.' Jasmine muttered. 'That's the way we need to go.'
Samey nodded. 'Should we go around?'
The taller girl shook her head. 'No. We should follow her.'
'Really?' Samey furrowed her brow. 'Isn't that kind of dangerous? I mean you saw her house.'
'At least we'll have the upper hand, and it means she can't surprise us.'
Samey nodded, seemingly pleased with the answer.
The two got down and they looked up. The blonde woman had moved forward slightly, yet she was still crouching.
As silently as the two girls could, they started following her.
***
Ella hadn't moved since Shawn had found her. Frozen she allowed the young man to carry her across the beach.
The four raced to get back to the boat Scarlett had hopefully finished fixing. They knew they just needed to leave, Leonard was dead, and there was no going back from that.
Looking up Shawn glanced into the foliage where he noticed a figure. A ghostly woman with long blonde locks was watching them. Shawn didn't recognise her and when he glanced at her face they locked eyes. The woman smiled at him, a creepy smile where her lips twisted upwards.
'I see someone.' Shawn told the other three.
Dave and Sky glanced up at the woman who was now holding a handgun.
'Shit.' Dave yelled and he ran faster pushing his body away. Sky followed and Shawn trailed just behind, Ella weighing him down. He heard a gunshot and he starting going faster when he looked down.
A shocked Ella had been hit in the abdomen She was bleeding heavily, and Shawn knew she wasn't going to make it.
'I'm sorry.' He whispered and he dropped the girl on the floor. She didn't react as this happened and Shawn guiltily pulled ahead of the group.
'Where's...Ella?' Dave asked between breaths, to which Shawn shook his head.
The three quietly carried on running