-2- let's fall in love

I slowly pushed the door wide open as I entered the house, college is off to a bad start, I'm already tired and I have first class tomorrow, I doubt I'll be able to wake up early.

I was going to pass out on the bed but click clack sounds was heard from Juleka's bedroom, I can't leave her alone in there, can I?

I knocked on the door, then pushed it wide open, "Hey, Jul, I'm back. Whatcha doing?"

She was hunched over her computer, fingers typing and moving frantically like she was in a hurry, she flinched on my sudden intrusion, "O-o-h--emm.. I was- I was just trying to make-- no.. you remember that time you told me your dream was to create a rock band... I-I thought of it and thought it'll be a good idea to try to make a poster of it...sorry.."

"That's amazing, Jul! Why would you apologize?" I twirled the computer screen around so I can see it properly, "This is perfect! We'll use it, definitely!"

She looked down miserably, "You're just saying that to make me happy, you don't really like it."

"Jul..." I cupped her shoulders, "Why do you always assume the worst in yourself? I'm your brother, I will never lie to you."

She turned her face away from me, "Really?"

"Of course, have confidence in yourself, okay?"

She nodded, biting her cheeks nervously.

"After you're done, print a couple dozen copies so you can stick them around your school so we can find recruits. Ah, we'll need 1 more guitarist, a drummer, a lead singer and a pianist, you got that?"

"O-okay," she shifted uneasily in her chair, her foot pounding on the ground.

I turned around to leave, "Luka?" she asked softly, "Can- can I be the other guitarist with you? I'm not really that good, but it's okay if you say no, I can just stay as the manager for--"

"Of course!" I interrupted her ramblings, "You'll fit the part perfectly! 

She was going to argue with my statement, but she stopped her herself before doing so, "Thanks," she turned back to the monitor, continuing the work silently.

I smiled as I left her room, opening another door to my own room before falling head first onto my bed. I glanced wearily at the guitar on the stand, I sat up straight, bringing the guitar to my chest.

My fingers knew what to play immediately, the guitar was a part of me now, it was me.

"Let's fall in love for the night

And forget in the morning

Play me a song that you like

You can bet I'll know every line

I'm a boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid

Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise

I know better,

I know better,

 I know better than to ever call you mine"

My lips mouthing the song sadly and softly, 'Let's fall in love for the night', the very last verse, not the catchy chorus but the very last part where all the beats disappeared and can only hear the soft plucking of the guitar. 

Such beautiful lyrics, such soulful playing, I want to write these lyrics, I want people to understand my feeling through words and playing, touch people mind and heart, make them feel the sorrow of my voice, of the guitar and me together as one.

A stream of tears fell down my cheek, such touching lyrics of a boy longing for love.

Maybe that's how I feel,

longing, waiting for love.

*2:01 of youtube video above*