-23- the song. that.

Though we played this song so many times, it felt so different, like the instruments had a mind of their own, the lights and loud speaker made everything so exciting. The crowd got louder, cheering and shouting, some waving their hands along with the music, some sitting of someone else's shoulder, waving joysticks.

I still didn't get the lyrics Rose wrote, all I ever hear was an occasional, 'Unicorns are cool, but Rainbow unicorns are better', 'Screw my life and fill it with plushies' or 'Rainbows comes after rain but Unicorns are everywhere' and yeah, all in caps. It seems like she changed out all the curse words into normal words for the better, the audience might freak out hearing such words from a cute blond 15 year old girl.

My fingers knew what to do but there was something wrong with the music, there was no keyboard, no sweet soft lofi music from behind me, and I sure miss that sound.

My thoughts carried on as I stroked the final chord and the crowd erupted in cheers once again, "ALRIGHT PEOPLE," Rose screamed into the mic, "Next song we have a song by 'The Regrettes', this was a little rushed so we can't give an original song but I hope you'll enjoy it anyways, let me present you, 'I dare you'!"

This time the bass and the drums started at the same time, I barely manage to catch on but I did anyways.

Juleka started the first verse, I never thought she would have the guts to go first, she was always shy and insecure in the past, now you can see how she've changed. Rose continued with the second verse, jumping into the bridge as she sang.

Then the beat dropped and they sang the chorus together perfectly harmonising, Juleka wasn't that bad as a singer but her voice had cracks and strains in it that made it sound good. 

My eyes were so fixated on the sheets I couldn't properly focus on the singing, but all I could say is that it was good, it was over in a split second and I couldn't properly savour the music, I wish I could break down and weep like the emotional brother I am. She looked so confident, so happy on stage, singing no less.

My hair stood on the very end of my arm when the song was over, I didn't know what to think except 'wow', it might've been a beautiful moment if I didn't have the consciousness that the next performance was going to be my solo song.

I don't know what to do.

I am not prepared.

Hell no.

Help.

Too late. Rose waved her hand in the air enthusiastically at me, then faced the audience, "We have a special singer to this song, performing emm- I'm actually not sure either," the audience laughed, "I guess it's a mystery to all of us, well, let's give a big hand to our guitarist, Luka Couffaine!"

Rose walked off the stage and I felt kinda guilty and awkward at the same time, I walked over to the middle, grabbing the mic and coughed into it, which earned and generous lot of snickers.

"Hey," I said into the mic, my voice echoed through the speakers unfamiliarly. The mic let out a sharp screech, making me turn away from the mic, " Sorry," I winced, "I'm new at this."

I shifted my guitar, "This song that I'm going to play is slightly light, It's not even supposed to be a rock song, we never practised this as a band and they will also be hearing for the very first time." murmurs broke out through the crowd, but I continued, "It was written by me for this one very special person that I had a thing for for many, many, many years without even knowing him. Recently, he came back into my life, and I've never felt more in love before. Here's 'Flowers at Sea'."

There was half hearted cheers among the crowd, I looked back at Ivan and Juleka for assurance, I doubted at that moment the fact that they might not be able to catch up with the music, they smiled back, I turned around.

I glanced at my guitar, closing my eyes as I leaned my body near the mic stand, I strummed the first chord on my guitar, slowly getting into the strumming pattern for a bar or two. Ivan played some slow beats and Juleka eventually caught on with the music. It had it's flaws but I was good enough for the moment, all became quiet when I started singing.

"I met you that lonely evening,
your voice played through my head,
my heart throbbed as you spoke,
so heavenly, so gently,
you made me wonder whether if love was true,
you made me wonder if I could have you.

That day at sea,
You were as pure as a white carnation,
As sweet as a purple lily.
I wanted you to be mine,
I wanted you to be by my side.
But you never came back,
You didn't even say goodbye.

Come to me, don't leave me be,
Everytime I look at you, I feel incomplete
The thought of you make me shudder,
All I want is to know you better,
So don't act like you don't know me,
I'm not a stranger and you know it.

this intense feeling wouldn't end,
I couldn't erase you even if I tried,
you are the sole cause of my pain,
my reason to survive.
Tell me what I did wrong,
Tell me my sins and mistakes,
Cause that moment I saw you,
I knew things would never be the same.

That day at sea,
You were as pure as a white carnation,
As beautiful as a tulip.
I wanted you to be mine,
I wanted you to be by my side,
But you never came back,
You didn't even say goodbye."

After I sang finished the last line, no one made a sound, the red light in front of me flickered, two more minutes left. It wasn't then I realised that they were waiting for me to do something or say something, whatever.

I raised a hand, signalling Ivan and Juleka to not play, my fingers found it's way to the guitar, my lips were so close to the mic everything I sang was in whispers.

"Through all those restless nights,
The starry lights,
All shining onto you.
You are my everything,
My entire being,
Is dedicated to you.

Listen to my silent pleas,
Hear me sing,
Our bodies as a whole.
 Don't say a word,
 Just hold me close,
 As I melt into your soul."

The crowded cheered, claps and shouts. My hands and legs were trembling and they felt like they were going to buckle anytime, I managed a spontaneous smile, scanning through the audience, "Thank you, everyone." I waved, stepping a step back from the mic.

It was just for a split second, but I saw Adrien in the crowd, pushing away from the stage, I couldn't mistake his light blonde hair and those pair of green eyes. I didn't notice he was there. Soon, the staff called us down the stage, my brain froze, my heart pumped.

Oh my lord, he heard the song.