-3- beautiful

I doubled-checked the school address Juleka sent me, today is the first day I get to meet the new recruits for the band though I kinda doubt high school students can play good enough. I carried my electric guitar coolly behind me, strolling right into the school, trying to find my way to the music room. There wasn't as many students as I thought but enough to have a couple dozen girls whispering and giggling behind my back, I wasn't that good looking but you know how high school girls are, swooning over every single guy that walked by that is older and 'mature' looking. Can't relate.

The music room wasn't that hard to find, following all the signs on every passageway, I knocked the door quietly afraid somebody else was inside but someone opened the door immediately.

"Luka!" Juleka pulled me by my wrist, inviting me into the room, "We've been waiting for you."

There were boxes and boxes of unused instruments, but setted up in the middle was a set of drums, a microphone and a keyboard, it was then I noticed the 3 people sitting the back of the room looking at me, smiling.

There was a boy with black and slightly yellowish hair at the front, he was big in size and look fairly mean and strong. a girl sat by the table with blonde pixie cut hair, she wore vibrant pink and had bright blue eyes, I guessed that was Rose depending on the tough description of her from Juleka. Lastly on the far right was a blonde messy hair boy with green eyes and a stunning smile, he looked so... handsome in a way, and so familiar, who?

I went over to greet them, "Hey, I'm Luka, Juleka's sister, nice to meet you."

The strong dude grasped my hands and gave me a tight unnerving handshake, "I'm Ivan, nice meeting you."

I pulled my hand away and faced it to the girl, offering her a handshake, she took it gratefully, "I'm Rose," she squeaked in her sweet high-pitched voice, I nodded to her politely.

"And you?" I directed my vision to the last boy, turning my hand to him.

"Adrien," he smiled, shaking my hand a number of times, "Adrien Agreste."

"Did I see you somewhere before? You look... familiar." I asked, squinting my eyes to look at him.

"I work as a model," he stated professionally, "You may have seen me magazine or billboards around here."

"Oh," I said, "That would explain it."

I knew I didn't know him as a mere model, I knew we met before, I just can't put my finger around it, I can't seem to remember.

"I suppose you guys know your instruments," I implied, trying not to sound insulting, "Can we practice on something to see where our standards are?"

I reached into my bag and pulled out some sheets I printed out last night, I handed the other guitar piece to Juleka and shuffled the piano and drum pieces in my hand.

"Which one of you plays the drums?" I questioned, Ivan raised his hand, walking over to collect his piece.

"Your grade?",  handing him the sheet of paper.

"6th grade," he replied hastily, "I've played tons before lessons."

I then handed the other sheet to Adrien, "The piano, I suppose," he nodded, I continued, "What grade are you in?"

"I finished 8th grade a while ago," he scratched the behind of neck, clearly embarrassed, "It was never really a hobby of mine, but Juleka asked for my help and I guess I would like to be a part of something too."

He peeled the sheet from my hand, studying it thoroughly, biting his fingernail as he did so.

"Everyone gather to your seats, we'll do a little sight reading, shall we?" I announced, bringing a stand to the empty place beside Rose and the mic.

"Ah," I turned abruptly to Rose, "I forgot to mention, you can just sing anything along with the flow, you know, just loosen up a lil'."

"Got it," she grinned, holding the microphone excitingly to her lips.

I ruffled out my own guitar sheets and placed it at the stand before me, "Alright, Ivan, here we go!"

Ivan started hitting the drum stick together, like how the drummers in all bands in the television does.

clink

clink 

clink

On the third count, we played all at once, the guitars joining together as one, the skilled drummers with on point yet boastful beats, the piano climbing up and down each octave beautifully and at last when we entered the 6th bar or so, Rose started yelling 'Unicorn and rainbows' and some weird lyrics that included a massive amount of swearing but I decided not to focus on that.

The playing was beautiful, and when it ended, silence filled the room.