-7- since you've been gone

A knock came from the front door, "Luka, they're here!" Juleka shouted, opening the door for our guests.

Ivan, Rose and Adrien entered the room all at once, scanning through the house.

"Hey," I greeted, "sorry for the trouble."

Rose waved her hands, "I had nothing to do anyways, I'm glad to be here."

"Thanks for the invitation," Adrien smiled.

Ivan paced around the room, gawking at all the bands poster we had around the house, personally attached to our limited edition Black Sabbath poster. I bet he was going to pass out when he sees the number of posters in the both of our rooms, we were hardcore poster collectors.

After a while, all of us were seated comfortably at the living room table, hurdled together around the small round table meant for two, we didn't really have visitors in the house.

I flexed my fingers, "You guys must've heard from Juleka about the 'stars in the night sky' event, is everyone really okay with it?"

"I'm totally up for it, I love music, man." Ivan patted his hand on my back, probably breaking my back while at it.

"It's cool," Adrien said, "I think it'll be a good experience for me."

"Singing is awesome," Rose commented, "I will do anything if there's singing for me."

"Everyone's fine with it," Juleka assured, "Now for our important meeting,"

"Right," I placed a pen and paper on the table, "Back to basics, we need a band name, what name would you guys prefer?"

Ivan didn't even hesitate, "I want something badass, like Motorheads or Megadeth, just boils the blood in your body, ya know?"

"How about you?" I pointed at Adrien.

"I'm okay with anything," he said innocently, "It's just a name."

Rose raised her hand, "I disagree with Ivan, I want something cute, like rainbow, unicorn or kittens."

"Definitely not rainbow, that's already a band."

"Really?"

I sang a verse of 'since you've been gone' by the rainbow quietly, Juleka hummed after me and Ivan made dramatic moves in his air drums.

The line was followed by another chorus of 'ohhhs ohhhs', and while the three of us were vibing, the confused faces of Adrien and Rose just made it kinda awkward, so we stopped.

"Ahem," I coughed into my fist, "I sort of got carried away, emm- Juleka? Any ideas?"

"I've actually thought of a name... it's kinda embarrassing though.." 

"Say it, Jul. We can take it as a reference."

"Freak's section, it's kinda...cringy."

Ivan banged his fist on the table, "Freak's section, that sounds cool, I like it."

"Objection!" Rose shouted, "It needs to be cute! That sounds too vulgar!"

"Alright, alright," I calmed them down, "How about we merge them together? Rainbow section? No.. too unoriginal... How about Unicorn section?"

"Ugh," Juleka grimaced, "Too girly."

"Kitten's section? Sound's weird..."

"Kitty section, how about that?" Rose suggested, "Sounds okay, doesn't it?"

"At least it's better than Unicorn section," Juleka said, "I'm good if everyone agrees."

"I'm cool with it," Ivan shrugged.

I turned to Adrien, "You okay with it?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"It's decided," I announced, "Our band name will be 'Kitty Section'"

Juleka grunted as she stood up, "I'll go prepare some tea for the guests, hold on."

"Oh, oh, I wanna help!" Rose jumped up enthusiastically, following after her.

Now the boys were sitting there with pure awkwardness, "Hey," I nudged Ivan, "If you're into posters... I have twice as many in my room, you can go check it out while the girls are gone if you want to."

Ivan's face lit up, "Can I really? Dude, you're the best!" he sprinted to the corridor and rushed into the wrong room nearly smashing the sightly ajar door to pieces.

Well, that was worst because he left me and Adrien alone in silence, and nobody knew what to say.

I shifted my eyes to look at him, those vibrant features, his green eyes, his stunning blonde hair, just everything seemed gorgeous about him, no wonder he was a model. The longer I stared, the longer I felt like sinking into his gaze. I couldn't look away, I can't help myself. 

My head stung with pain all of a sudden, I closed my eyes nearly falling back onto the table, I placed my hands on my forehead, my breathing intensed.

"Hey! Luka! Luka!" Adrien's faint shouts of panic echoed through my head, he was shaking my shoulder, I hardly felt it, the pain just kept getting worst, I think I'm gonna faint, my breathing cracked as if I couldn't breathe, I could hear my heart rate screaming back at me.

The vision of the boy in my dreams came back to me, smiling, beaming with joy. "I'm Adrien," the boy said, his voice growing louder and louder, "Seven years old."

I inhaled sharply and the pain stopped, my eyes opened abruptly, my body trembling with shock. "Luka!" Adrien shouted again, "Are you okay?!"

Juleka and Rose rushed out of the kitchen to the living room and Juleka kneeled beside me, my vision was still a blur, I couldn't see well. 

Juleka pressed her hand onto my forehead, "Oh god, you're burning up again. Can you see me, Luka?!" she waved her hand in front of me frantically and my vision cleared up.

I scanned my eyes across the room, pointing a shaking finger at Adrien, "Y-you're the b-oy, y-ou-- you-"

"Luka!" Juleka lowered my arm, pulling my face over to look at me, "You need some rest, please."

"No! H-e's the bo-y, Adrien--"

"Please! Please, Luka," Juleka's face reddened, her voice filled with unease, "You need some rest, listen to me!"

I snapped out of my trance and Juleka pulled me up, guiding me to my room, she setted me down on the bed, "G-ive me a sec outside, I'll come back."

I lied down, my hands still trembling, I could hear Juleka sobbing from outside and she rarely cries, Rose and Adrien were comforting her, I could hear their faint voices. She's worried, she's scared, what's wrong with me? I'm failing as a big brother, I'm suppose to protect her and now all she's the one afraid and upset for me.

Why am I like this?