-15- wth

Four days had past since we officially started practicing, tomorrow will be the day we summit our audition video, that means we have to taking the video today.

"Alright guys, wrap it up." I clapped my hands, signalling them to gather around.

We formed a circle, "We worked hard," I announced, "We're not perfect, but I think we're quite ready."

They didn't give any comment, just nods and soft agreements.

"I'll go set up the camera," Ivan volunteered excitedly, grabbing a stand out from the casing.

I plugged my guitar cord in the amp and helped Juleka do the same, I steadied Rose's mic and the set was almost identical to when we first played.

"Done!" Ivan shouted, "On the fifth blink!"

Ivan then sprinted back to the drums, my fingers tensed, my neck went stiff. I eyed the camera, the red blinks felt so slow.

blink

blink

blink

blink

In the moment, everyone started perfectly, using the same sheets and music we played at the school, the same lyrics and performers. The drastic changes in the time we first played and the end product was seen so clearly. Everyone basically memorised their sheets at this point, playing solely on muscle memory.

The drums were on beat much more precisely, the guitars synced along with the music, the piano was vaguely heard in the background and Rose's singing just pieces the music all together.

The four minute song only felt like twenty seconds, after we were done Ivan ran back to the camera to stop the video, I hadn't even realise I was sweating, everything felt numb.

A soft clapping came from outside as someone opened the door to the studio, Marinette came in, "That was amazing! And uhh-- I came here to talk about the designs of the stage costumes... I had a slight issue with Adrien's costume, could I err--" she blushed, "Could I borrow him for a moment?"

"Sure," I said, "Go ahead."

Adrien stepped forward, following her outside the studio, wait a minute, why do they have to go outside? A lump of jealously and curiosity swelled up in my throat, he doesn't like me, I repeated in my head, stop being so-- weird.

My brain obviously didn't hear me, "I have to go to the toilet," I lied, jogging up to the door and leaving.

I could see the both of them in a distance, standing together looking into the open trunk of Marinette's car, I approached them as quietly as possible, hiding behind a pillar, this was a stupid idea, what was I thinking?

I could hear Marinette's voice in earshot, "S-so this mask here, I can't do this patte-rn so do you want to change it or I'll choose a design my-self."

"How about-- hmm, instead of this, change it to a swirly pattern, is that okay?" Adrien voice said.

"W-what? O-oh okay." she stuttered, she then tried fixing it on the spot and dropped the mask on the floor, "O-h gos-h, I'm s-uch a kl-utz." she said abruptly, laughing it off awkwardly.

"Hey," Adrien said, "I have a question I've been wondering for some time now."

Marinette look up at him smiling oddly, "H-huh?"

"Did I do something I don't know? You always act so... scared and jumpy around me. If I did something to offend you, I'm sorry, please tell me. I want to be your friend, genuinely."

"What!?" Marinette shouted, a little too loud, then covered her mouth and lowered her voice"N-no! Y-you're fine, I-i'm the one that's sorry."

"Then why--"

"I-i like you," Marinette said, her face as red as a tomato, "I said it."

My heart stopped, I didn't know what to think, Marinette's perfect, she's kind, pretty and smart. There's no way Adrien wouldn't like her. They're like the perfect couple, the perfect pair.

Before I had the time to process everything, Adrien just smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry, Marinette."

Marinette lower her head, her cheeks going pink, "O-oh,"

"Don't get me wrong, you're a great person, it's just that--" It was Adrien's turn to blush, "Emm-- It's just that I'm not exactly into girls."

My entire world stopped, I slowly slipped away from the scene heading to the toilet.

It took a while to sink in, WHAT THE HELL.