-18- wheeeeeee

Three weeks after, life was normal, I went to college as usual, studies pulling me down, sacrificing a great deal of sleep. With tons of coffee and with my playlist on repeat, it wasn't impossible but waking up was the worst part of the day.

I'm seeing Juleka around lesser and lesser around the house, every morning I'll leave early and when I get back home, I'll just go back to my room with a single greeting without coming out until midnight to eat dinner then continue studying again.

I have a problem with focusing in class and the homework is really taking a toll on me, sometimes I just wish to be those kids that don't pass up a single assignment or do any work at all and get away with it easily.

What's the point of going into a good school when you're not putting in effort, then they whine and complain when the results come back like a baby. Sometimes I just feel like giving them a tight slap on their faces and drown them in textbooks, that'll give me the satisfaction.

I sighed, standing up abruptly before plummeting into my bed accidentally, my legs fell asleep without me knowing. I shook them, trying to make the numbness go away but instead a sharp jolt prevented me from doing so.

I successfully pulled myself from the bed, yawning as I made my way to the kitchen, my hand going through the drawers and cabinets looking for something to eat. I found an old expired instant noodle packet, it was only a few weeks old, I can manage.

While the noodles were cooking, I sat myself comfortably on the couch, reaching for the remote and turning on the television.

'Breaking News: 32 year old singer, Daryl Needham, was found murdered in his apartment yesterday night at 3:00 a.m. by his girlfriend, Aleeza Neal. The following is how Aleeza described the scene in tears as she talks about her deceased boyfriend.' A girl showed by on screen in tears, "I-it was like any other day--- I came home- and--"

I turned off the television, the timer had gone off and my noodles were ready, I was awfully hungry. The news gave me a chill down my spine, I looked at the clock, it was ten minutes to 3 a.m. I was always sensitive to these types of topics. I hurried to the stove, carefully pouring the food into my bowl.

I set the bowl on he table and started slurping in noodles up with my chopsticks, it wasn't then I heard a sound from the corridor, I paused, staring into the darkness before going back to my meal.

I heard it again, footsteps, and a silhouette of someone in huge baggy clothes appeared, it was too fast for me to even react to the threat, I sat there, my skin crawling, as the person emerged from the shadow.

"Juleka!" I shouted in relief, "What are you doing here so late?"

She wore a huge hoodie and sweatpants, her hair tied my into a lazy bun. She carried her phone in one hand, her blankie in another.

"I just got a phone call," she panted, "check your phone."

I took out my phone from my back pocket, I had put my phone in silent mode while I was doing homework, I checked my notification and there were 6 missed calls of an unknown number.

"You put my number as the backup contact for the band, didn't you?" she asked, sitting down opposite me.

"Yeah... What's this about? Isn't the event tomorrow?"

"They said they urgently need someone to replace a band because their lead singer had some misfortune yesterday, they were asking if we would like to fill in."

My eyes lit up, "Then what- what did you say?"

"It's your choice, Luka. You started this band."

"Of course!" I grabbed my phone excitedly, "Should I give them a call?"

"Yeah."

I called the number back, informing that we would like to fill in, they sounded relieved with that information, and told us to get to the event location at 8am tomorrow with a minimum of three songs prepared.

I set down the phone, my foot bouncing happily, I couldn't help grinning.

"Um, Luka," Juleka scooped up her legs to her chest, "Aren't you like super busy with your school work? We have school tomorrow."

"I can make it up," I said immediately, almost unsure "you don't have to worry. But most importantly, don't you want to tell the others?"

"I'll tell them tomorrow, I can't randomly ring them up at 3 in the morning, can I?"

"I guess not," I scoffed, "It's tomorrow, literally, I just can't wait."

"Don't get too excited," Juleka warned, "What about our songs? We had no time to practice other songs."

"We'll figure it out, relax, Jul." I patted her on the back, throwing my bowl into the sink, "I'mma go to bed now, goodnight."

"Night." she muttered as I left the dishes uncleaned.