Not Okay

Reaper was currently in the room he'd been allowed to stay in, he couldn't stop thinking about what he left behind. He hadn't left much, part of him didn't want to go back but he had to for the few people he cared about. He was taken out of his thoughts when someone knocked on his door and he sighed before he got up.

He opened the door and Robin was standing there, he thought about closing the door but decided against it. He walked back over to the bed and sat down, Robin closed the door and sat next to him, they were both silent. Robin eventually broke the silence, "Are you okay?"

"Does it matter?"

Robin looked at him, "Of course it matters, look, I don't know what other people say but here if you're not okay it matters. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, we'll wait until you do but you don't have to pretend you're okay."

Reaper was quiet for a second, "And if I wasn't okay, what then?"

Robin smiled a little, "Then we'd do everything we could to help, and even if we couldn't we'd still try."

Reaper brought his hand up to take off his mask but stopped and put his hand down again, "Why do you keep doing that?"

Robin looked confused, "Doing what?"

"That, trying to help me or defending me when there's no reason for you to."

Robin looked away for a second, "You saved me from falling, and after I got to know you a little I knew you weren't a bad person. I just didn't want you to have to deal with all of this alone, I don't know much about you but you've been through a lot."

Reaper was silent, he couldn't deny it because they already knew about why he had the powers he did. But he wouldn't admit that he wasn't okay, he was never one to talk about his feelings and even if he were he didn't want to. They sat there in silence for a bit until Robin got Reaper to go to the living room with him and they watched the news.

Artemis came in a minute later and hesitated before sitting with them, Miss Martian did the same, then Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Superboy was last. They didn't even realize how much time passed until Flash came to get Reaper, he also had to get Kid Flash. Reaper didn't try to fight it but he wasn't too happy about it either, so he found himself standing in front of Iris and Barry's house.

Barry and Wally had changed into normal clothes and Barry opened the door, "Iris, I'm back."

Iris walked out of what he guessed was the living room and she smiled, "Perfect timing, we just got the last of the cooking done."

Reaper looked at her, "Wait, we, who's we?"

Several other people walked in from the living room and Reaper wondered if it was too late to run. They all introduced themselves, there was Mary, Rudy, Joanne, and Jay, Reaper stayed silent and Wally waved his hand in front of his face. "Reaper, what's up?"

Reaper blinked, he had no idea why they were smiling at him or why they were there, he was so confused. "What is going on?"

They all gave each other confused looks and Mary, Wally's mom, spoke, "Iris invited us so we could meet you."

"Why would you want to meet me?"

They looked confused again and Barry spoke, "Okay, Reaper, you're staying here tonight so I'll show you your room."

Barry sped him out of the room and into what Reaper guessed was a spare room, he glanced around before looking at the speedster. "You're letting me stay here overnight?"

Barry smiled, "Of course."

"And Batman let you?"

"Yeah, I was surprised too but he told me you could stay."