Chapter 4

Matt knew that he could not kill this girl. She seemed to be speaking the truth. If her mate was indeed in the pack, if they hurt her, they would hurt one of their own. So, he had gone to get the Alpha leaving the girl with other warriors whom he had mind linked to meet at the forest clearing before leaving. So that the others could continue patrolling.

He knocked the door lightly again before opening it. When Aries didn't smell any rouge blood and just saw Matt coming in, he was confused. Why would his beta come to him empty handed when he clearly ordered for the head? He knew that his Alpha was busy, so why delay him even more, thought Aries.

"Alpha" Matt said slightly bowing his head. He waited until Aries finally replied.

"What is it?" he commanded.

"Alpha, looks like the girl is looking for her mate who seems to be one of our pack members."

Before Aries could say anything, Matt continued, "She said she will leave with her mate once she finds him. If we hurt her, then well also be hurting our people as well, so I think that we should just let her leave with her mate. That is if he wants to as well." He quickly added.

Aries blue eyes were dark with rage, letting a growl, "And you believe this rouge speaks the truth because?"

Matt swallowed hard before replying, "One shes alone. She came alone. I dont think she has any other motives." he paused. "I think you should meet her once" he finally found the courage to say.

Although Aries was angry, he knew that Matt would never do anything wrong so he supressed his growl, stood from his chair and made his way out to the forest clearing with Matt following him.

Aries could smell the rouge before he could even see her. But what took him by surprise was that he didnt feel disgusted by the smell as it was soon overpowered by a sweet vanilla and lavender scent. As he got closer to the clearing, the smell got even stronger, until his eyes met hers.

"Mate" Ace, his wolf, whispered.

She was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. The moment he saw her, Aries knew he wanted her. Altheas dark eyes bored into his blue eyes as a crease started to form on her perfect forehead as a realisation hit her. She thought her mate was one of the pack members, even a warrior whom she could convince to leave with her but reality hit her hard.

How was she supposed to ask the Alpha to leave his pack? Althea thought.

Her mate was a huge, about six foot two compared to her five-ten. He was well built, his muscle bulging from his tight black t-shirt which he wore with a dark blue jean. His face that of a god, piercing blue eyes, straight nose and kissable lips.

She wanted to run her fingers over his sandy blond hair that looked soft and messy making him look sexy. He smelled like fresh mint which didnt help. His body showed power, dominance, authority which was reflected by her own. For seconds, they just stood admiring each other.

"Alpha" finally Matt broke the comfortable silence looking at Aries.

"Bring her to the guest room" Aries told the warriors. Then he turned to Matt and said "To my office" and started walking away.

Althea sighed. She had not thought of the possibilities of her mate being an Alpha. She knew she had little time before her own pack would start searching for her as she could not mind link them without being caught and she had no other way to contact them.