Chapter 18

The pin drop silence was broken by the painful howling at the distant. Immediately Aries took off with Matt and Tray following him, leaving Althea with her pack. There was more howling of the werewolves but this time it did not have any pain and it grew closer by the minute. The sound of bone breaking of the wolves transforming could be heard on the front ground.

But Althea held her ground. This was the second time Aries had pushed her away from him. And she knew she wasn't sticking around for the third. She had told him that the day he says he doesn't want her, is the day that she will leave him. And he had done it, he said he didn't want to see her again. He asked her to leave.

She had given him a chance to show that he cared about them. But he let others influence his heart. He chose to believe them. He chose them over her. Althea knew she would have chosen Aries when the time came. She was ready to tell him who she really was and was even ready to hand over her title to Ash so, she could be with him.

But not anymore. She didn't want to be a pawn in his life. She was born to rule not be ruled over. She had power to control the world. She was not letting her life be controlled anymore by anyone not even by Aries and definitely not by destiny herself.

She closed her eyes and replayed her time with Aries in her mind as a single tear slipped down her cheek. At least she did not regret meeting him. She had not felt happiness like this after her parent's death. She really believed that her and Aries could be like her parents. But they were far from the relationship that her parents shared.

She turned around to face the three members of her pack who held their heads down waiting on her. Her face one again emotionless, her eyes held no light in them.

"The only reason for you to be here after the meeting can only mean one thing. Go do your job. The Red Healers never backs down from their promises." Althea told them.

"Alpha, the rest of the warriors from our pack will be arriving here soon as well" Ash informed Althea.

She knew that her pack had come to provide aid to the Blue Blood's pack. And soon, half her warriors would be here too.

"Until they arrive, help them" Althea dismissed them.

A few minutes after they left, Alex was by Althea's side. He knew there was a war outside. After not finding Althea amongst the warriors fighting in the field, he had searched her everywhere until he found her in the Alpha's office. He was a little relieved to finally find her standing by the window.

Althea looked at the war going on the territory. There was a lot of rouges, more than she expected. She also knew that more of them were heading their way to the pack. She knew that they had planned this attack for a while because gathering this many rouges together takes time. Even though Aries' pack was strong, she knew that his pack would suffer and a lot of lives will be at stake.

She knew somebody was planning to overtake the pack. They were waiting for their weakest moment. Now seemed to be it, better to attack when the Alpha himself was grieving for the loss of his family. But Althea still did not know this family member that had been killed.

"Alex, who is this family member of Aries that has been killed?" Althea asked her eyes still on the war outside.

Alex debated with himself if it was right to let her know who he was. She seemed to really like him but he'll never keep anything from her.

"Noah"