Chapter 22

Althea was getting closer to her quest. She had to know who these men were. She could only reunite people if she knew the root of the problems. Her mother had given her one task, to unite the people once again. And she still hadn't been able to do so.

"Are these men that you are talking about, here?" Althea asked, looking around the field.

"I have not seen them since. I did not want to associate with those who took the life of my goddess" he replied.

"If not them, whose command do you follow then?"

"I do not follow anyone's command. I just happened to be there when they were planning on kidnapping the Alpha's brother. They planned on attacking them when they were out searching for his brother. I only came here to steal some riches for myself", he said raising his hands in surrender.

"But you were there when they killed Noah. Why didn't you stop them?" Althea spit the words out.

He sighed before he replied, "As I told you, I was too late to save him. By the time I got to him, the silver had entered his heart. There was no saving him after that."

Talking to him was like talking to a normal pack member. Althea could not really figure out how he managed to be sane all this time. She was really curious about this man.

"Do you have a name?" Althea asked.

"Ron. Ron Hardy." he replied.

Ron didn't really have a conversation like this for a long time. And he never thought he would actually talk with someone like this especially in the middle of the battle field where he had no protection from his enemies. He felt like he was compelled to answer all her questions but he really didn't mind her. He felt a different connection with her but didn't know what.

"Well Ron, do you know who leads this group of rouges?" she questioned him again. He looked around the battle field for a minute before turning back to face her.

"I actually know the guy but he doesn't seem to be around." Ron replied.

"So, these rouges are just fighting and dying without a cause." she said sadly.

She looked around her surrounding and headed towards the centre of the battle field, leaving her circle of barrier formed by her pack.

"It's time to end this war, Ron" she whispered to him.