Scene 6 "Planet 2110" - HSC Battlelcruiser Series Book 2 - "Planet 2110"

Scene Starts

Scene:
The Captain and Sr. Officer Bird are on a cliff overlooking the city of Arianhood. Sr. Officer Bird has composed herself and regained control of her emotions. The Captain is glad he was able to get her to regain her composure.

Sr. Officer Bird: Captain, I'm so sorry about that.
Captain: I understand, but can you explain what happened?
Sr. Officer Bird: You see there is something I wasn't completely honest with you about. We Drapoels are a very proud race and we excel at controlling our emotions and not allowing things to get to us. We use to be more primitive back in the day. In fact, it was so bad we would have all-out fights and battles to decide who was the king of the clan. The elders of the clan realized this was not the way they wanted their people to go. They decided to take us away from our home planet and move us to a more tranquil place away from our ancestors and everything that made us vicious killers.
Captain: Okay...
Sr. Officer Bird: Well back there at the airbase when we were attacking the Regits. I saw a cadet get vaporized next to me. I felt the surge build up inside of me. Even when I was running headlong into blaster fire to help you. I could feel it building up little by little. The Regits are our arch-enemies because they bring out the killers inside of us.
Captain: So you knew this on the ship up there and you didn't bother to tell me?
Sr. Officer Bird: I was afraid you would have discharged me or sent me to my quarters. I thought I could control the thirst and hunger that is buried deep inside my cells.
Captain: Well I understand your concern. However, moving forward Bird you tell me everything that is going on with you. If I have a Sr. Officer I can't trust then we both are in danger. Now can you control this in normal situations that involve danger?
Sr. Officer Bird: Yes, sir. It's just the Regits that cause me to react this way. It's the pheromones they carry that inflame my urges.
Captain: Okay, let's head on back to the airbase.

Scene:
The Captain and Sr. Officer Bird headed towards the forest line to get Arian. As they approached the forest line Arian is a bit shocked at Bird's appearance.

Arian: What happened?
Captain: We had a small issue with a Regit but we managed to gain control of the situation. They didn't alert the others about us.
Arian: Great, so are get going down to the city?
Captain: Not now. We need to re-group and come up with a plan on what to do next. Let me ask you a question, is can we communicate with the village down there from the Airbase?
Arian: No, we never needed it because we can communicate through thought.
Captain: Wait, you can do that? Then why don't you just communicate with them and tell them we are here that if they can provide us with any information or lend us a hand it would be greatly appreciated.
Arian: I can't. I've not been able to communicate with them since we got on the planet.
Captain: Interesting. I wonder why?
Arian: They must be held captive down near the core.
Sr. Officer Bird: The core?
Arian: Yes, the planet core is made of some elements. It doesn't allow us to communicate by thought.
Captain: Well that's good then we know where they are keeping your people held.
Sr. Officer Bird: If the Regits have them down there. That is good. The Regits eyesight isn't that great in the dark.
Captain: This is great. Is there a lot of light down there Arian?
Arian: No, not that much. Just torches and candlelight.
Captain: Okay let's head back to the airbase and provide this information to Baker. I think I know a way we can get your family out without causing any injuries.

Scene:
The Captain, Sr. Officer, and Arian made their way through the dense forest. Sr. Officer Bird keeps going over the images in her head from the attack on that Regit. She had been told about these feelings by her Mother. However, she never realized that the feelings would be this strong. She knew that if she was going to be able to control these feelings she would have to go into deep meditation. She ponders on the actions of herself.

Scene Ends