Chapter 3

Alex pulled into the lot of the airport we're leaing out of

Alex pulled into the lot of the airport we're leaing out of. I looked out of the window to see Rhodey climbing down the steps of the plane with obvious annoyance written across his face. I cringed a bit in my seat as I waited for Alex to come around the car and open the door. He held his hand out to me and I accepted it with a smile before climbing out of the car.

"You two are unbelievable," Uncle Rhodey said as I climbed out of the car and slid my sunglasses on my face.

"Don't start yelling at me. This is all on dad. You know how he is," I argued back with him as I walked towards the plane.

"At least we know where you got your punctuality from," He said as he crossed his arms.

I crossed my arms back at him and cocked my hip so I was standing in a sassy pose. "You really want to say that? I show up to everything on time. Which is more than my father can say."

"Okay, your right. I'm sorry," He said with a smile as he pulled me into a hug. Alex walked towards the two of us with my bags and Rhodey pulled out of the hug quickly to take them from him. "Alex, hey man, let me take those."

"Are you sure, Mr. Rhodes," He questioned him.

"Positive, and it's Rhodey to you," Rhodey said as he took my bags and carried them up the steps of the plane to store them away.

I chuckled at him and looked back to Alex who was doing the same thing with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his suit pants. Alex looked back at me and the two of us smiled at each other before I pulled him into a hug.

"I am going to really miss you these next few days, but I'm sure you won't miss me," I said in mock sadness before pulling out of the hug and perking up. "Because you're going to have three whole days off. Whatever will you do?"

Alex chuckled at me and looked down at his feet before looking back up and answering me. "I'm sure I'll find something. It shouldn't be that hard. Although, these few days are going to be boring no matter what I do."

"And why is that?"

"Because you're not going to be here."

I blushed and looked up at him in slight shock at his words before I regained my composure. "Well, then I'm sorry about that. I'll try and hurry back."

"Sounds good. Bye, Ally. Have fun," He nodded at me, causing me to nod back.

He then backed away and started walking back towards the car. He opened the door and waved at me one last time before climbing in and driving off. I watched him go and couldn't get the smile off my face as I watched him leave.

"Just date him already," Rhodey said from behind me, causing me to jump in surprise.

"Oh, god! Rhodey, don't do that," I yelled at him as I held my chest. I then pointed an accusatory finger at him with a stern face. "I don't want to hear it from you too. I already heard enough of that from Pepper today."