Chapter 5

"Miss Stark, pleasure to meet you, I'm Dr. Strange," A man with a goatee and a doctors coat greeted me as he walked into my room.

"Your the guy that Obie went to get from New York," I concluded.

"Indeed I am. Mr. Stane and Dr. Grayson informed me of your condition. You shouldn't worry. Your procedure is one of the most basic for a neurosurgeon to perform, and when we're finished, you should not see any major scarring. That's part of the reason why I'm so well known," He reassured me.

"Thank you, Dr. Strange," I nodded at him.

"Your very welcome. Might I say, with complete sympathy, I'm very sorry for what has happened to your father. I'm sure everyone over in Afghanistan is doing everything they can to find him," He said, looking at me with sadness.

"That's what I'm hoping. Thank you," I smiled up at him.

He nodded at me in response before looking back at the nurses who were standing at the door to the room. "Right, well, may I ask that everybody please leave the room so that we may get Miss Stark prepped for surgery?"

"Yes, sir," Rhodey nodded.

Everyone got up and came over to me. Rhodey gave me a hug and a kiss on the head before walking out of the room. Happy gave me a hug and grabbed one of the Reeses from my bouquet, causing me to give him a look of disbelief.

"Comfort food," He shrugged at me simply before walking out of the room.

I shook my head at him and sighed as Obie walked up and gave me a kiss on the temple. I looked up at him with a half-smile and he gave me a smile back. "Don't worry about a thing, kid. Dr. Strange knows exactly what he's doing."

"I know, thank you, Obie," I nodded at him.

He nodded back at me and walked out of the room with a smile. Next was Alex and Pepper. Alex walked up to me and gripped my hand tightly in his. I smiled up at him in reassurance and squeezed his hand.

"Alex, there's something I need you to do for me," I told him seriously.

"Anything," He nodded at me, leaning down next to me.

"I need you to watch my panda for me. He doesn't do well when he's lonely," I told him seriously, breaking into a smile soon after.

He laughed and looked down at our hands before nodding at me. "I will," He said before placing a kiss on my cheek and giving me a hug. Afterward, he pulled away and took my bear from next to my bed.

"Take good care of him," I told him.

"Don't worry. I will," He nodded at me with a smile before walking out of the room.

Pepper laughed at the two of our's interactions before walking closer to me. She looked close to tears.

"Pepper, why are you crying," I questioned her, pulling her close to me.

"I don't know. I'm just worried," She cried.

"You don't need to be. I'm going to be fine," I reassured her.

"I know," She sniffled before trying to pull herself together. "Alright, look, we are all going to be waiting outside in that waiting room until you are done. None of us are going anywhere."

"I know you aren't. But you guys really didn't need to come back here so early," I told her.

"Yes, we did. We wanted to see you before your procedure. We also wanted to be here when you woke up," She reassured me.

"Miss Potts," Dr. Strange said, drawing Pepper's attention and reminding her to hurry up.

"Right, sorry," She said to him before looking back at me. "I love you, Ally."