Chapter 8

One month later

One month later...

"Good, Ally, keep going," Nat yelled at me from her spot next to Alex, the two watching me spar with some guy who works at the gym.

I dodged the punch he threw at me and gripped his arm, pulling him closer to me and bring my knee up for a blow to his stomach. I then took his arm I was holding and spun it around to where I had it pinned behind his back. I kicked his knees out from underneath him and pinned him to the floor, him letting out a grunt of frustration after he landed. I took his other arm and brought it around behind his back as well and used all of my weight to hold him down to the floor.

"You better surrender, Clint. She won't let go until you do," Alex shouted at him.

"Never, I'll get out of this and I'll beat this little spider monkey," He groaned out from underneath me.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that old man," I taunted from above him.

"Oh yeah, watch me. I'll get out of this right... NOW," he shouted the last part, trying to pull his wrists out of my grip. I tightened my grip around him and pushed his wrists further towards the top of his back, causing him to groan in pain. "Alright, alright, fine. Let me go before you dislocate something."

I smiled up at Nat and Alex before I released him and climbed off of him. I started walking towards the two of them, when Clint gripped my shoulder, causing me to grab his arm, twist it, and flip the poor man over and onto the ground. I looked down at him and smiled before continuing my journey over to Alex and Nat. The two of them continued to laugh at me as I accepted my water from Alex and chugged some of it down. I accepted a towel from Nat and cleaned the sweat from my face as I watched her walk over to Clint and help him up off the floor.

"Your losing you touch grandpa," She chuckled at him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I will win a fight with her one day. She's just so fast," He groaned out as he stretched his shoulders.

"Perks of being so tiny," I shrugged at him. "Maybe you should workout more."

"Was that a fat joke? Are you calling me fat now," He questioned me as he accepted water from Nat.

"No, I'm just saying that you would probably beat me if you worked out more instead of coming to the gym twice a week," I shrugged at him, causing him to give me a sarcastic smile and chug his water.

"Clint, you should be happy for her. The fact that she is able to kick your ass in a fight is a good thing. You're one of the best fighters here. That means she can handle herself," Alex defended me.

"I beg to differ. I happen to think that we know for a fact she can handle herself if she can beat Nat in a fight," Clint argued back with him.

Nat began chuckling from her spot next to him and shook her head. Her scarlet red hair swung back and forth in its ponytail as she looked to the ground. "She is nowhere close to being able to take me in a fight."