Chapter 6

"Good morning, Miss Stark

"Good morning, Miss Stark. It is currently 6:15 A.M. Miss Potts is downstairs preparing your breakfast and Mr. Stane is on the way to discuss your 8 A.M. board meeting with you," JARVIS informed me as he pulled my curtains open.

"What's the weather today, JARVIS," I questioned.

"Sunny and 75. I recommend a jacket in case you get cool."

I got up out of my bed and walked over to my closet to get my clothes out. I went to my bathroom and got dressed and did my hair and makeup before walking out of my room and downstairs.

 I went to my bathroom and got dressed and did my hair and makeup before walking out of my room and downstairs

"Good morning, Ally," Pepper greeted me from the couch.

"Well, it is morning. I wouldn't exactly call it a good one," I sighed out.

Pepper gave me a small smile before standing from the couch and walking to the kitchen. I followed after her and sat down at the table while Pepper turned on the TV for the news. The first story that popped up was, of course, one about me and my dad.

"Can we not watch this. It's bad enough I have to go and talk to the board about him and become the new CEO," I sighed out as I started grabbing some waffles from the plate on the table.

Pepper changed the channel to a different news station before grabbing two cups of coffee and walking over to me at the table. "Ally, I'm sorry you have to do this."

"It's okay. I know that this is going to be temporary anyway. Dad is okay and he's out there somewhere. Yeah, he's been gone for 3 weeks, but he's alive," I said with certainty.

"Okay," Pepper whispered out, looking down at her coffee mug as I continued eating my breakfast.

We stayed silent for a while until JARVIS announced that Obadiah arrived. I rolled my eyes and continued eating as Pepper sighed and told JARVIS to let him in. I listened to the heavy footsteps of Obie but didn't look up from my food. I know that Pepper and he were sharing looks about me and rolled my eyes to myself at them trying to be discreet.

"Alright, Ally, I think we should discuss the board meeting before we leave," Obie said.

"What is there to discuss. I'm temporarily taking over the company, that's it," I shrugged at him.