Chapter 16

Third Person POV

Alex continued glancing back and forth between the clock on the dashboard of Ally's car and the house, hoping the young Stark was okay and not in any sort of danger. He doesn't know what he would do if something happened to her. She's the most important thing in his life, and he needs her. He broke out of his thoughts when a car pulled into the driveway behind his car. He furrowed his brows in confusion and opened the car door, stepping out and looking back at the pickup truck behind him. His confusion deepened when he saw who it was.

"Rhodey," He questioned.

"Alex," He said in the same confused tone.

"What are you doing here," Alex questioned him.

"Pepper sent me over here to check on Tony. She told me everything. What are you doing here? You're supposed to be far away from here with Allison," Rhodey said as he and Alex met up in-between their cars.

"Ally's inside getting her things," Alex told him.

"Are you sure," He questioned Alex, causing him to nod his head. "How long has she been in there?"

"About 15 minutes," Alex told him.

Rhodey shook his head and began walking quickly towards the front door of the house. "It shouldn't take her that long. Ally has a go-bag underneath her bed just in case of emergencies."

Rhodey pushed the front door open and noticed that JARVIS didn't greet him. He walked over to the security system screen and looked back at Alex with dread.

"Someone shutdown JARVIS," He told him before walking further into the house. "Tony, Ally," He called out.

Alex walked into the living room and over to the stairs and looked up at them. "Ally," He called out.

"Alex," Rhodey said, gaining the agent's attention.

Alex looked over at him and saw him looking at the wall next to him. Alex looked to his left and saw a bullet hole in the wall. Alex walked over to it and looked at the area around it to see the couch pillows on the floor and some of the items from the coffee table on the floor as well. He started looking around the rest of the room and noticed something across the room. He walked over behind the couch and saw something that made his heart drop into his stomach. There was a patch of dark red blood standing out against the pristine white walls and a gun sitting on the floor a few feet away. Alex began dreading the worst before he looked over at Rhodey.

"You check downstairs, I'm going to go check upstairs," He told him, running up the stairs and towards Ally's room. "Ally," He called out as soon as he reached the Stark girl's bedroom.

He looked around and noticed nothing seemed to be touched. He walked over to the bathroom and saw that all of her items in there were still there and in their rightful place. He then walked over to her bed and looked underneath it, finding the bag Rhodey was talking about. He cursed and stood back up from the ground before walking back downstairs.

"Rhodey," He called out.

"Alex, down here," Rhodey called back to him.

Alex walked over to the stairs that led to Tony's garage and rushed down them. When he reached the bottom, he saw that the windows were busted out and there was glass all over the floor. He stepped through the windows and looked to his left to see Rhodey crouched over a pale and sweating Tony.

"Tony. You okay," Rhodey questioned Tony as he began to gather himself.

Alex rushed over and helped Rhodey to situate a silent Tony.