Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning before JARVIS was supposed to wake me up

I woke up the next morning before JARVIS was supposed to wake me up. I groaned and looked around my room to prolong getting up. I smiled at the big teddy bear and stitch in the corner with Rhodey's little bear sitting on top of them. I sighed and stared at them for a few moments before getting up.

"Good morning, Miss Stark. I see you didn't need a wake-up call this morning," JARVIS greeted me.

"Nope, not today," I sighed.

"May I ask you how you are feeling this morning? Last night I received some very high readings of distress from you while you were sleeping."

I froze for a moment at his words before sighing. "I'm fine, JARVIS. Just had a bad dream." A bad dream about the attack and what my father could possibly be going through right now.

"Very well. Miss Pott's is not here yet, but she should be very soon."

"Thank you."

I climbed out of bed and slipped on some slippers and a sweater before walking out of my room and downstairs. I yawned and itched my head as I walked down the stairs and into the bright light of the living room. I squinted my eyes and allowed them to adjust to the new light as I started towards the kitchen. I was halfway in before the front door opened, causing me to step back and look at it in confusion.

"Ally, what are you doing up so early," Pepper questioned me in shock.

"Uh, woke up, couldn't get back to sleep," I shrugged at her, walking into the kitchen.

I walked over to the fridge and got out the orange juice then over to the cabinets to get out a glass. I poured myself a glass of juice and placed the juice back in the fridge before taking a sip.

"I'm guessing you heard from Obie about what happened yesterday," I sighed out to Pepper who was getting different folders out of her bag.

"Yes. He wasn't very happy about the meeting and when he found out about the restaurant incident he got even more upset," She sighed out to me.

"Even after you tried to explain to him how I'm doing emotionally," I questioned her, taking a long swig of my juice.

"He didn't want to hear any excuses," Pepper sighed out.

"Of course he didn't," I said simply.

"Okay, I have a few papers here that I need you to sign. Their ownership papers," She explained to me, changing the subject away from Obie.

I looked down at them curiously and looked over them. "Uh-huh. Pepper?" She hummed at me in acknowledgment. "Why do I need to sign ownership papers for the house, all of my father's cars, and basically any other thing that belongs to him?"

Pepper sighed and paused in what she was doing before she looked up at me. "Ally, I'm not doing this to upset you. All of these papers say that you will have ownership over all of your father's things until he is found and brought home. It's just to make sure that the bills for everything will still be paid. Everything is still going to be taken out of the same account, it'll just be in your name instead."