Chapter 12

"Day 11, test 37, configuration 2

"Day 11, test 37, configuration 2.0. For lack of a better option, DUM-E is still on fire safety," Dad said into the camera as I filmed before turning and facing DUM-E who had a fire extinguisher attached to him again. "If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college." He then turned and faced forward again before pointing at me. "Alright, we rolling?"

"Yep, have been for the past 5 minutes," I sighed out.

"Hey, don't be giving me sass," Dad scolded me.

"I'm not giving you sass. That wasn't giving you sass. If I was giving you sass you would know it," I argued with him.

"Whatever. All right, nice and easy," Dad said, putting his hands out and slightly bending his knees to prep for take off. "Seriously, just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity."

"Why? Did you learn your lesson from last time," I questioned him smugly. He glared and pointed over at me as I started nodding. "Now that was sass. I will admit I was being sassy that time," I nodded at him with a smile.

"Stop joking around and take this seriously," He rolled his eyes at me before prepping again. "And three, two, one." The repulsors turned on and dad hovered above the ground, causing me to smile. Dad looked over at me with a smile and he continued hovering for a few minutes before the repulsors turned off and he dropped to the ground.

"It worked," I said happily.

"Of course it did. Because I am a genius," Dad shrugged at me. I rolled my eyes at him and continued filming as he turned around and looked at DUM-E with annoyance. "Please don't follow me around with it, either, 'cause I fell like I'm gonna catch on fire spontaneously," Dad yelled at him, referring to the extinguisher. I frowned as DUM-E let out a sad noise and looked to the ground as dad continued to scold him. "Just stand down! If something happens, then come in." Dad faced me again and called out to JARVIS. "And again, let's bring it up to 2.5. Three, two, one." The repulsors powered up once again and dad hovered farther off the ground. I smiled and watched him as he began moving around the garage. Dad let out grunts as he moved backward and seemed like he was enjoying himself before he started moving towards the cars.

"Uh, dad," I called out unsurely.

"Okay, this is where I don't want to be," He said as he started hovering above them.

Dad let out a grunt as he started mumbling "not the car" to himself. He then started hovering over mine that he got for my birthday and I started getting nervous myself.

"No, no, no, no, no, not my car," I shouted out to him.

"You're worried about your car more than your old man," He questioned me in shock.

"Yes," I nodded at him wide-eyed.

Dad rolled his eyes and started moving away from my car, causing me to sigh in relief. He then started hovering over his desk and various work tables, causing papers to fly up everywhere. He then moved his hands in front of him and he started hovering backward again, moving over the tables and back to the launchpad once again. He let out nervous laughs and I looked at him in worry, causing him to start reassuring me.