Part 5 Jokes

(Sjin POV)

I was laying on the couch contently, staring at the ceiling, waiting for Sips to get dressed. How am I going to tell him? I sighed as worry of rejection started to come to mind. I paused confusedly, a sense of déjà vu creeping into my thoughts. Didn't Xeph feel the same way about Duncan? I remember him telling me to pipe down since he didn't want the people at yogtowers to know. I started to put the pieces together. Maybe I could invite them to eat with us, possibly get them to give me some advice. I wanted to further contemplate this, but I heard Sips trample down the steps.

"Come on," Sips grinned, picking up my keys. "Dibs on driving!" He laughed, running towards the door. "No fair!" I giggled, sprinting after him. He got in the driver's seat and I sat in the passenger's. "Where are we eating?" He said as I closed the car door. "I don't know, Duncan's picking," I smirked. He looked back at me smiling. "I have a feeling Xeph is going to be there too," Sips chuckled, winking at me and elbowing me. I grinned. "Let me text Dunc."

I pulled out my phone, silently praying Duncan would respond. I forgot to ask him if he wanted to go, and now I don't have an excuse if he doesn't want to come. The last thing I wanted to do was look stupid in front of Sips. I hit send, and waited. I started to worry when I noticed Sips start to grow bored, impatient even. Then I heard my phone beep. I pulled it out, relieved to see it was Duncan. 'Okay, let's go to San Carlo. Meet you there, Xeph can't find his belt.' I smiled as I read that last bit, causing Sips to look over at me. "What'd he text you?" He inquired curiously. I chuckled, "maybe later. Let's go though, I'm starving and Duncan says we're going to San Carlo," I said, not looking up from the screen. I was busy trying to text back.

"We're not going till you tell me," he pouted. I pressed send then looked over at him. "Come on, I don't want to tell you," I giggled childishly. "It's secret." He sighed. "Okay then, I'll just assume he sent you a picture of his-" I flushed a deep red. "Eeewww Sipsy!!" He laughed at my childish and innocent mind. "Well that's the only explanation I can think of. Better tell Lewis then, Sjin," I rolled my eyes. "Fine I'll tell you," he smiled and looked over at me expectantly.

I read him the message, expecting him to laugh uncontrollably, but he didn't. I was surprised when his next words were "So what?" My mouth gaped and my eyes widened. "You don't get it?" I gasped. "Mmmmmm, nope," he said confused. I rolled my eyes. "What business would Lewis be doing at Duncan's house without his belt?" I purred deviously. Now I got the reaction I expected. Uncontrollable laughter. "Possibly something I would want to be doing with you," he teased. My face turned even redder than it was now, causing him to somehow laugh even harder. "Sipsy, that's inappropriate!! Stop it!" I pouted. "Okay fine, you big babby." He said, wiping a tear from his eye. "... And I'm also too classy for pity sex," Sips practically died from laughing.

For the rest of the car ride, Sips tried to talk to me. He would try to make conversation, and I would just hide my face as he laughed in little outbursts. I was too busy being embarrassed. First I decide I'm bi, then he makes a sex joke. How is his timing so horrible?! I can't doubt it anymore, can I. I think I like him. A lot.

(Sips POV)

It was so adorable when Sjin would hide his blush, I can't help but laugh. His phone, which he had set down on the dashboard, buzzed, indicating a text. Sjin probably isn't coming out of his little fortress he's made in his jacket to hide his blushes. I carefully picked up his phone as to not let Sjin know. I was curious, I don't normally get moments like this to sneak and check his texts. I started reading from the 'Xeph can't find his belt'.

Duncan: Okay, let's go to San Carlo. Meet you there, Xeph can't find his belt.

Sjin: and just curious, I guess you could say.. Um how did you ask out Lewis??

Duncan: what do you mean by "I guess you could say"?

Sjin started to pop out of his fortress, so I quickly put the phone back on the dashboard. Luckily he didn't notice me putting it back. "Duncan texted you," I said casually, pretending I never looked at his texts. Sjin's eyes lit up and picked up his phone, very eager for something. He already started texting back, almost immediately.

Clearly its important how Duncan and lewis got together to him, but why? I was trying to think, but we had already just arrived at San Carlo.