chapter 20

Beomgyu's POV

"where do you study?" i asked breaking the silence.

me and hyunbi are sitting on a bench right now. the view is nice since we are on a mountain.

"seoul arts academy, you?" she asked back.

"nyeon university." i said and she looked at me.

"woah, that school is expensive. is it nice there?" she asked and i nodded, "but the students aren't." i said and she laughed.

"why?"

"they are arrogant and feelers, i know, it sucks."

"every school has those kind of people beomgyu, don't be too worked up." she said and i just smiled.

it was quiet again until i decided to ask her, "can you tell me why you wanted to meet in a place with few people not many? do you have anxiety or something? trauma, perhaps?" i asked and she looked sad, "you don't need to answer it if you don't wan--"

"actually.."

flashback 10 years ago

"daddy! let's go to the toy store!" i said to my daddy as we held hands and walked around the mall. my mother was left alone in the house because she had many things to do. daddy decided to go with me to the mall.

"sure, princess." he replied and we were walking to the toy store when people started running towards our way and shouting.

"what are they doing daddy?" i asked and he looked at me with worry in his eyes. it seems like he understood what was happening.

"listen, princess, we need to go home okay? let's just go to the toy store some other time." he said while he put his hands on my cheeks.

"okay da--"

my daddy was holding my hand until the people started running in between us so our hands were let go. since there were many people, i didn't see my dad.

i was scared, there were so many people. i started to run. but i trampled and people were stepping on me. i couldn't take it and everything turned black.

---

"mom?" i said as i opened my eyes and saw her, "mom what happened? where am i? where is daddy?"

"hyunbi.." she sobbed, "your father is gone.. he is gone hyunbi.." she said as she cried and cried.

"what? how is that possible? i was with dad just a while ago mom!" i said making her sob more.

"no baby.. your father is gone. there was a body that was found in the mall during the fire and they identified it as your father.." she said making me worried.

"what.. no.. that can't be.. we are still going to go to the toy store and he will buy me a stuffed toy! this isn't happening mother! tell me, it's just a dream!" i said and tears started to form in my eyes.

my mom didn't reply but instead, she hugged me and finally my tears escaped my eyes.

end of flashback

"My mom said it wasn't really proved that the dead body found was him because it was burnt, but they saw a picture in his pockets that looked like one of our family pictures.." she said and looked at the view.

I focused my eyes on her and saw that her eyes were tearing up. Without second thoughts, I hugged her and she laid her head on my shoulder and cried.

"I miss him so much.."

end of chapter 20