Chapter 17

A/N:
Squeezing myself between the hectic schedule so I can write this story.

For anything you may find odd because of the errors, please forgive me. I'm writing this half asleep, so.... please expect some errors I made.

—————

Everything Tharn had been worrying about since he arrived at this cottage came true. Type knew Tharn was familiar with this place. He even brought the person whom Tharn made memories with.

Tharn didn't know why, but he was hurt thinking how Type was the one who set this up. Type was even thoughtful for not using any monarchy's mansion for plotting this.

He had calculated the probability of Tharn's getting caught the second time. There would be no trace of this rendezvous.

It was all his husband's doing yet Tharn felt like he was cheating on him.

Puifai gracefully walked with her long wavy hair fluttering towards Tharn who was stunned. She was as beautiful as ever, Tharn at least had to admit that.

Suddenly, soft hands had grabbed his and before he realized it, Puifai was already holding his hand with her two hands.

"Tharn..." She softly called him. The voice he used to listening to every day as the lullaby before he slept or else he wouldn't sleep soundly. As well as the voice he had been avoiding of for a couple of days.

"Have you been busy for the Ball?" Puifai's sentence brought back Tharn to the reality. Tharn was yet to open his mouth, so she added, "I've seen the news all week..."

Tharn's throat became dry. But Puifai had something more to say, "Nice acting, by the way. I was even jealous of your husband.."

Tharn tried so hard to swallow down the lump in his dry throat. He had no idea what he should have been doing by now.

"Is that the reason you were avoiding me?" Puifai queried, trying to make Tharn talked so she was not doing her own monologue.

Since Tharn was yet to talk, Puifai pushed even more, "Baby, please talk to me. Your husband has told me so."

Tharn furrowed deep before finally started speaking, "What do you mean?"

"He told me that you were avoiding me because you needed to focus on your Father's plan. If you contacted me or even heard my voice, you would have failed carrying out the plan. Is that so?" She sweetly asked with her tinted cheeks and twinkling eyes.

Tharn gritted his teeth while trying so hard to push down the upset emotion inside, "He really said that, huh?"

He was answered by Puifai's nods.

He had more to say now, so he continued asking, "How did you both meet?"

Puifai crafted a smile because his boyfriend finally willing to speak, "Two days after our last phone call... When you started avoiding me.."

Tharn swallowed his saliva once more, making his adam's apple bobbed. That long? He was feeling moreand more uncomfortable by the fact that Type had been planning this.

As if all of the things they had been through were all for a mere showdown.

He was even more surprised at the fact that he didn't do all those things for the world to see anymore. Things were starting to get real. What people saw and said didn't matter anymore as long as he got to do whatever it was with his husband.

He was still deeply immersed in his own thought when Puifai muttered, "I'm glad, though.. Things are going so well between you two, people really buy it. So you won't be under pressure from the King and from our people."