4) The Boy With a Broken Finger

Before we start I did a little bit of research on Xue Yang's character from reading an interview with the original book author and reading summaries and synopsis on his character in the manhua but I haven't actually read the novel or manhua and barely starting to watch the animation. So I'm gonna use my gathered knowledge, what I know from the live-action version, and the magical ability of making things up to write the childhood portion of Xue Yang :).

Like I said before this is all pure imagination so please do not be upset if I write anything wrong or my info is incorrect :).

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

It has been one year since Xiao Ying arrived in Gusu and became a disciple of the Lan Clan

It has been one year since Xiao Ying arrived in Gusu and became a disciple of the Lan Clan. Life wasn't bad at all, nor was it as dark and sad and lonely as she thought it would be. Xiao Ying still missed everyone in Celestial Mountain unconditionally, but having Xichen and Wangji was more than enough to ask for. Both senior brothers always kept her company and included her in everything they did. Being in Gusu for only a year she picked up on knowledge very quickly, even the 3000 rules! Even knowing the rules and knowing the consequences of breaking them, that didn't stop the temptation of going outside. Xiao Ying couldn't get a glimpse of the outside world when she lived in Celestial Mountain because, well, it was Celestial Mountain, hidden away from the world. Now that she was out of Celestial Mountain and in the outside world, she was still stuck! Stuck inside the walls of Lan Clan where she was watched by her Uncle and brothers and other elders for safety purposes. Xiao Ying is now six years old and already so curious about the big world outside of the Lan sect's wards keeping disciples inside, night hunts and serious cases being exceptions. She has asked multiple times about leaving to see even just a glimpse of Caiyi Town, it wasn't even far from the Clan's location, just a few hours down the mountain on foot, around 20 minutes if you maneuver your sword. Not that Xiao Ying had a sword yet, she is taking sword lessons but Lan Qiren said she can't have a sword until she is 8 years old.

Today just so happened to be her lucky day, one of the female elder cultivators is taking a group of the disciples on a trip down to Caiyi Town to shop for some things and to patrol the area for anything new or strange. Xiao Ying was able to convince her Uncle to let her tag along on the trip. The group made their way down the mountain maneuvering swords just to kill time and to keep the younger disciples safe. Not having her own sword Xiao Ying had to share the ride with one of the older disciples, this senior sister was very fond of Xiao Ying which made the ride rather fun for the two. They would talk about how excited they were and giggle as the wind blew through their long hair and pass by birds who were flying to and fro.

The group landed at the entrance of Caiyi Town and sheathed their swords, entering the town in a sophisticated lineup. Many shop vendors stopped to greet them with smiles and questions. The sect elder who was with them lead the group of disciples to various shops for groceries, upon arrival to a candy stall, the owner looked at Xiao Ying and asked the sect elder "Is this the long lost daughter of Miss Lan and Master Jiang?"