10) A Present From An Old Friend

It was the second day of the big Gusu lecture

It was the second day of the big Gusu lecture. Xiao Ying woke up and got ready, she couldn't be late today as it was the official start of the lecture. She woke up a bit under the weather, but she didn't know why, she just didn't feel good. It wasn't like she was ill or anything of the sort, but she felt off. When she was done she went to meet her brothers for breakfast.

As the three ate together Xichen could tell that Xiao Ying was a bit off, not herself. "Lan Ying, are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

"I don't really know, I just don't feel good. I'm not ill, I feel fine but at the same time, I don't feel right. I don't know what it is." 

Xichen didn't know what to do for her other than comfort her with words. How do you even help someone else who doesn't even know what is wrong with themself? Wangji felt she was off as well, but chose to ignore it as he was more worried about the issues at hand. 

The three cleaned up and headed down to the classroom that would house the lecture. Each sibling took their rightful place, Xichen next to GrandMaster Lan, and the two younger siblings next to each other. Wangji sat on the outside of the first row with Y/N on his left.

Disciples from other clans began their pledges. Lan Ying tried her best to listen and pay attention but found herself drifting into daydreams more than once. The poor girl was stuck in a daydream until the doors bursts open and in came disciples clad in red and black. 

What in the world?! What is the Wen Clan doing here? They never attend other clan lectures. Did Xue Yang come by any chance? 

She scanned the room for her long-ago friend but didn't see any familiar faces. The room suddenly abrupted with disciples pulling out their swords. Wangji grabbed her arm, shielding her away from anyone pointed their way, but before a physical fight could break out Xichen pulled out his flute and disarmed the disciples. A girl by the name of Wen Qing apologized for the behavior of Wen Chao before their clan took their leave to their rooms, but not before making eye contact with Xiao Ying. Wen Qing narrowed her eyes at the girl before leaving out the door.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Grand Master Lan dismissed the disciples for the rest of the day but reminded them to be here bright and early tomorrow for their first lesson. The three siblings left the room together but went separate ways. Xichen and Wangji needed to head to their grandfather's study to examine the unconscious disciple that was brought in the day before. While Xiao Ying made her way to the waterfall out in the back of Gusu. She needed a break from the world, and that was the regular place she went to get away, apart from the bunny nest and her parents' grave. On her way out she ran into Mengyao, he came as an escort for Nie Huaisang.