7) Someone You Really Miss

The next morning Xiao Ying woke up in a sullen mood

The next morning Xiao Ying woke up in a sullen mood. She got ready and headed out to lessons for the day. "Good morning mei mei."

"Good morning Xichen gege."

"Is something wrong? You look upset today."

"I just didn't sleep well last night."

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"Gege, do you have someone you really miss? Like, you might not get to see them ever again kind of miss?"

"I do have someone I really miss. I miss my mother and my father. Other kids got to see their parents happy together and saw them whenever they wanted, Wangji and I didn't get that. We never saw our parents together to smile and love each other as other kids got to. We would hear outer disciples who travel home during a holiday come back and talk with their friends about how they spent time with their parents but could never share a similar experience. Our parents isolated themselves from each other and away from the world. I'm sure he told you already that we only got to see our mom once a month correct?"

Xiao Ying nodded yes.

"We only saw our mother once a month, but we were always guaranteed she would be there, until recently. But our father we saw only once in a while, we weren't even guaranteed we would see him like how we saw our mother. I miss them how you are feeling right now, the feeling of missing someone so much because you don't know if you will ever see them again."

"Can I ask why they isolated themselves?"

"Wangji already told you that too, you must be like how we are and not fully believe the story am I right?"

Again she nodded.

"That is all we were told, they won't tell us until we are older. Can I ask, who are you missing? Do you feel a little better now after talking about it?"

"I feel a little bit better thank you for talking with me Lan Hua gege. And I just miss Xingchen that's all."

I really need to stop lying to everyone, it's not good.   

"This doesn't have anything to do with the boy you have been sneaking out to see?"

Xiao Ying's eyes widened, how does he know?

"Gege, I-"

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone. Don't do it again, don't break the rules again. You know that you are not supposed to be outside of your room after curfew. From here on out if you can please follow the rules I will let the matter drop and not tell Uncle about it. May I ask who that boy is?"