9)A Lecture in Gusu

I don't really know how the lecture is really supposed to happen so please bear with me while I make things up :)

If I miss any scenes I am really sorry, I'm writing while I take breaks from my homework or studying so I don't have time to make sure every single detail is accurate. Of course I will also be adding scenes that don't even exist in the series to make this story flow.  

There are multiple characters who speak in this chapter so from here on out, I will change my writing format just a bit and put their name abbreviations in front of what they are saying when there are multiple characters.

YY- Yiying (Xiao Ying)

LZ- Lan Zhan (Wangji)

WW/WY- Wei Ying (Wei Wuxian)

JC- Jiang Cheng

JY- Jiang Yanli (Shijie)

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Today is the day that this year's big lecture in Gusu starts

Today is the day that this year's big lecture in Gusu starts. Cultivators from prominent clans from all around will be attending. Xiao Ying was amazed at how many people would be attending, she has never seen this many cultivators from all over in one place before. There have been a few other lectures held in Gusu but never one as large as this one. The clans have grown massively and have sent way more students compared to any other lectures she has seen before. Although it was very exciting to see so many cultivators and meet new people and possibly make friends, Xiao Ying was secretly hoping that Xue Yang would magically show up.

As if. The Wen clan never attends any other lecture, why would he be here Xiao Ying? He probably doesn't remember you. 

The call of her name broke her out of her thoughts.

"Lan Ying, come get ready, I want you to be prepared to greet everyone by the time they all arrive."

"Yes Sect Leader!" Xiao Ying playfully said and put her hand up to her head in a salute position before giggling at her older brother. Every time Xiao Ying would play and giggle or laugh it brought joy to Xichen. He basically raised his two younger siblings. Both were obedient and famous young cultivators, the only difference between the two is that Lan Ying is very bubbly and loves to talk to others while Lan Zhan is rather reserved and keeps to himself unless he is talking to Lan Ying. 

"Is Lan Zhan back from his night hunt?"

"Not yet, I sent him out to investigate the missing cultivators case but he has not returned. I'm afraid he'll be a little late this year."