5) Mom, Dad, I Have a Secret

Author's Note:

If text is in quotations and italicized "like this" then it is a flashback. 

If text is only italicized like this it is a character's thoughts.

Most of my flashbacks will probably be conversations unless I indicate otherwise, that is why I'm writing it like this.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Xiao Ying would visit her parents grave as much as she could, every chance she got

Xiao Ying would visit her parents grave as much as she could, every chance she got. When her Uncle first showed her to their resting place, she asked "Why are they buried here in Gusu? Shouldn't they be buried in Yunmeng?"

"They should be, but because Lan Clan were the ones to find their remains, the Jiang sect, my brother, your senior brothers' father, and myself came to the conclusion to keep them here. I wanted to keep them here because I wanted you to see them if you ever came back."

"Why didn't I get taken in by the Jiang Sect? If my father is from Jiang Clan of Yunmeng and as far as I know the wife must move to live with her husband, meaning my parents lived there, how come I don't live there?" 

"We decided to keep you here because around that time Jiang Fengmian also adopted his subordinate's son Wei Wuxian. He said it would be fine if he took in another child, especially the child of one of his best friends, but I told him I would take you to spare him any burden. He has his daughter Jiang Yanli, son Jiang Cheng, and his nephew Wei Wuxian. I have Lan Huan, Lan Zhan, and you, Lan Ying. I told him we could share the burden together, each raising two boys and one girl."

"Oh. This place isn't too far from our houses, can I come every day?"

"You can come to see your parents as much as you want, as long as you don't skip any classes or chores to see them and don't come out past curfew."

"Can I come alone? Or does another person always have to escort me?"

"You are still young, I would prefer an older disciple or Wangji and Xicehn bring you. If you come later, close to curfew, ask Xichen or Wangji. If you come during a break time throughout your day and neither of them is available, ask an older disciple or one of the available sect elder Aunties and Uncles to bring you, or come ask me and I will bring you if I am not teaching at the moment. If you really want to come but no one is available at all you can come on your own, but be very careful." 

"Okay."

Xiao Ying has visited her parents multiple times since she got to Gusu. At first, she would cry and tell them that she is upset she never got to meet them and live with them in Yunmeng. Sometime later, after she was over her phase of crying, she would tell them about how she lived in Celestial Mountain. Xiao Ying would talk about Baoshan Sanren, Xingchen, and how much she missed everyone. She told them how she got close with Wangji that day they snuck to the back of the clan and kneeled in front of Wangji's mother's house, and how having Wangji and Xichen was just as good as having Xingchen, only she got double the brothers here. When she ran out of stories to tell them she would just tell them how her day was, or sing a song to them. Xiao Ying loved visiting them because she could feel their spiritual energy around her, it felt like a warm embrace, like they were really there even though she can't see them. Xiao Ying felt that in this way they were interacting with her even if they weren't physically there.     

Today Xiao Ying came with Wangji as it is around seven o'clock, close to curfew. She proceeded to tell them about her day and a funny story about how one of the older disciples got in trouble for waking up late because he was so stressed about a test he was taking today, he stayed up all night studying and slept in missing the test completely! 

"Gege, could I have a quick moment with my parents, alone?"

Lan Zhan nodded and walked a ways away to the entrance of the burial ground that was about 10 feet away from where Xiao Ying sat. 

"Mom, Dad, I have to tell you something, I have a secret. The other day I helped a boy, his name is Xue Yang. He doesn't have anywhere to go, but he doesn't want to come here, so he stays outside the gate. At night I go out to see him. I know I shouldn't be sneaking out after curfew, but I can't help it. He is the first friend that I have made outside of the clan, and I want to help him. We are always taught to help people in need, he is in need of lots of help. That rich man was so mean, he broke his fingers! I secretly apologize to you guys and the clan right now as I have been breaking the rules, but I broke them out of good intentions."

Xiao Ying felt the energy and breeze around her go cold, "I suppose that means you guys are upset with me? I'm really sorry, I promise I'll make up for it somehow. Goodnight." 

Xiao Ying walked to Wangji, the siblings returning to their rooms for the night. Like the nights before, Xiao Ying waited to make sure everyone was sleeping and then snuck out to see Xue Yang.

 Like the nights before, Xiao Ying waited to make sure everyone was sleeping and then snuck out to see Xue Yang

 ══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Do you think Xiao Ying's parents are upset at her???

This is just a small filler chapter, next chapter should be posted sometime tonight or tomorrow because I have an essay I need to get turned in before midnight tonight. Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading and supporting this book so far! I want to write another x reader book for a character from The Untamed, I have so many ideas for so many different characters, plots, etc. But I think the next The Untamed book I'm gonna write will be a reader x Jiang Cheng book because his character needs some love in his life lol (I say his character needs love but watch me make it angsty and depressing). 

P.S. I also have some ideas for x reader books for Xiao Xingchen, Jin Ling, Sizhui, Lan Wangji, and Wei Wuxian. There is so much I want to write but I always have so much homework to do :( Let me know who you guys want to see most!!!