2) Xiao Ying Must Leave the Mountain

Five years have passed and Xiao Ying has grown into a cheerful little child

Five years have passed and Xiao Ying has grown into a cheerful little child. She had come to learn that all her older brothers and sisters were like her, abandoned and left without parents. Never once did she mind it though, she felt blessed to have as many older siblings as she did. Throughout the years she grew closest to Xiao Xingchen. The two would go everywhere and do everything together. The older boy always remembering to care for the little girl as if she was the most delicate feather.

As lessons ended for the day, Xingchen got up to put his books away and Yiying followed. "Gege will you go with me out to see butterflies?"

"Of course I will go with you. Why would I not?"The little girl giggled and gave him a big hug.

The two walked outside and saw a man with several senior disciples all dressed in light blue with cloud headbands being led by a Celestial Mountain disciple towards Heaven room where Baoshan Sanren was. "I wonder what they are doing here?" Xingchen said to himself.

"Gege who are they?"

"Gusu Lan Clan. They come from far away."

"Oh. I don't know who that is but they have very pretty headbands." Xingchen simply smiled at the young girl and continued on towards the farther side of the mountain.
══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════
Meanwhile...

Lan Qiren, the sect leader of Lan Clan along with ten senior disciples arrived at the entrance of Celestial Mountain and are let in and led to Heaven Room. They walk past a young boy and girl who are on their way towards the far side of the mountain. The group greets Baoshan Sanren with a unified bow.

"Baoshan Sanren, I believe you have received my letter."

"Yes, I did Sect Leader Lan."

"I'm here today to pick up my niece and take her back to Cloud Recesses."

"I understand that you want to take her to the home of her father, but I'm not sure if she will be willing to leave. I do not want her to leave as much as the rest of my children, they all have a very strong bond, but it would be rude of me to make such a decision. Please, let's leave the decision up to her."

"I understand, but I want to take her home. Let her see where her mother grew up and visit her father's home. I want her to be in contact with the outside world."

"Forgive me if this is rude but how do you know for sure that my disciple is a missing disciple from your clan? Let alone your direct blood-related niece?"

"A bracelet. If she has the bracelet, I can prove it is her, and I can prove myself. If I am wrong, then I truly apologize for wasting your time, but I can not be wrong."