6) Xue Yang's Adoption

It has been four weeks since the two kids found each other and became friends

It has been four weeks since the two kids found each other and became friends. Xue Yang hid in the woods outside of the Lan Clan gate and waited for Xiao Ying every day until she could come out to hang out with him. If Xue Yang didn't explore the forest around the day, he would walk around Caiyi Town and hang out by the water by himself, away from everyone else. There were multiple occasions where a stranger would go up to the boy and ask if he was alone, where were his parents, and offer him food. It was a different experience, normally people would insult or drive him away.

I guess the townspeople of Caiyi Town and Gusu really are kind like YingYing said. He would think to himself every time it happened.

Yes, as the two grew closer they gave each other nicknames. Xue Yang decided to call Xiao Ying YingYing and 小美女 (Xiǎo měinǚ, little pretty), and Xiao Ying decided to call him XueXue gege and 可爱( Kě'ài, cute)gege.

Xue Yang detested being called cute at first but Xiao Ying insisted, eventually he just got used to it, wanting to make her happy. He didn't know what this feeling inside him was, he never felt it before, he just knew that it felt nice. He wanted to stay close to her forever.

During the day, Xiao Ying would have lessons and throughout her meals always store some away to bring to Xue Yang later, sometimes he didn't even need the food because he had gotten something from a nice townsperson, but he would always have whatever she brought him as breakfast. She would also always take him one hard candy and one gummy candy, he would always eat one and refuse to eat the other and make her eat it so that they could enjoy the candy together. Xiao Ying continued to sneak out, she didn't feel the need to do so, she could've left Xue Yang on his own and not care about him whenever she felt like it, but she felt a want. The want to be around Xue Yang and be with him, the want of sitting with him and getting away from the rest of the world for just a few hours. She knew what she was doing was against\........... the rules, and something she shouldn't be doing, especially as a top junior disciple of Lan Clan of Gusu, but she couldn't help it.

Xue Yang would tell her about the adventures he had in the day time and she would attentively listen. When he told her about his first encounter with a nice woman from Caiyi Town that offered him food and to help take care of his finger and give him medicine (which he did take) she told him "I told you the people of Caiyi Town are nice, you wouldn't listen to me."

On the first night of the fifth week, Xiao Ying rushed down to meet Xue Yang like she always did, but she couldn't find him.

"Xue Yang? Xue Yang?! Where are you?!" Xiao Ying continued to whisper yell out his name.

What if something happened to him? What if one of the disciples caught him? What if they catch me? What if Xue Yang left without telling me? What if I don't see him anymore?