Responsibilities

The hush that fell over the assembly of leaders as Mo Yuan was guided into the Grand Hall by Di Jun might have withered a much lesser man, but Mo Yuans back was straight, his head high and every expression was tightly reined in as he was shown to his low table which sat to the left hand side of Haodes throne and only one table over from Di Juns who quietly left Mo Yuan sitting alone on his cushion to make his way towards his own seating.

Now and then, a face he recognized through the thin haziness of his sight would catch his attention and he would stare a little harder than was polite just to bring the persons features into focus.  He did not have his full sight back, but it was a lot clearer than it had been before his interview which was exactly one month ago.  Di Jun had given him a healthy dose of energy healing to assist him and though his sight did improve remarkably, he was only able to make out faces and finer details if they were close enough, and the man he was staring a little too hard at, began to shift uncomfortably under a glare that did not look at all contrite or respectful.

Though it was known to them all that Mo Yuan had suffered terribly in that mist and with only one other to assist him, it was the reason why he had not been able to make his survival known until then, because according to the detailed report that each of the leaders received, he had been critically injured having lost his cultivation, his sight and his ability to walk and had the soldier who had survived with him not taken care of the man, he would have died.

It wasn't entirely a lie, because truth be told, had Bai Qian not healed his wounds, they would have infected and death would have absolutely taken him, so his over staring was over looked though in the past, if one caught the eye of the War God, it was not favourable and one would know immediately that they were in trouble so the poor subject was that being scrutinized tried not to stare back.

From the main hall, Mo Yuans powerful form was in full view of the entire gathering who were stretched out in rows determined by rank and position, and from what Haode could see, there were far more Leaders present than there had ever been.  Some he was not even familiar with being from smaller tribes that rarely attended the meetings seeing as their voices were not ranked high enough to contribute anyway, and being so low ranked, they lined the back walls while the worlds most powerful leaders sat at the front.

Noticing Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan, he gave a polite yet curious nod of his head, before quickly scanning their neighbours for a glimpse of their queen having been informed that she too might attend, only it was obvious she was not, because she would have been sitting at the front, being the highest ranked leader among them,.  Disappointed, seeing as none had actually met her, he did not allow his mind to dwell on it and after a thorough inspection of each face present including those against the back wall, Haode raised his hand to begin the trial and forcing Mo Yuans attention off the man who had caught his attention as he then gave the order for the judges to enter.

Entering with a solemn look on their faces, the panel of three men who oversaw all important trials, slowly made their way to the front of the gathered leaders where three small tables had been erected for their use, before they too were seated and only then did Haode utter the words that would begin what he hoped would not drag out too long.

"The trial of High God Mo Yuan who is  now in session." his voice rang clearly thought the hall, which immediately had the centre judge standing to read the charges while the rest of the hall remained silent.

Normally a trial would not include these men and Haode would officiate himself, however, being a close friend of Mo Yuans and considering the War Gods exceptionally high rank which was second only to Di Jun, seeing as he was the son of Heaven and therefore higher in rank to Haode, then he would have been seen as absolutely biased.  This ensured that the trial was fair and transparent, so no one stood to question the choice of judges, because they all knew that these three men held no biases because they had no friends among any of them, this was a requirement for all judges, they fully kept themselves apart from the rest for this reason.