Questions

Bai Qian may have spent her afternoon in tears with her brother and coming to terms with what her feelings for Shibing might mean for her and her people should she choose to act on them, but Mo Yuan spent his time in lock down under the direct order of Di Jun who had also led him back to Kunlun Mountain to prevent the man from chasing after Qing Qius Queen.

Now that he knew who she was, his entire time with her in that cave only raised more questions.  For one, what was the Queen of Qing Qiu doing on a cloud above a war zone in full battle and alone?  Also of concern was her High God status.  The Celestials had not been notified of her ascension which should have happened, and even more pressing was what her real intentions were behind her arrival at his trial seeing as she had never attended a Leaders meeting before much less a trial for a man she was meant to have let go the moment they left that mist behind.

This was perhaps the most perplexing question that he had.  His time with her had been far more intimate than was appropriate but given their circumstances, this was unavoidable.  And though she had seemed rather young and overly generous with her affections, he had not really seen any evidence that her care had moved beyond that of a concerned friend.  Because what he had felt and heard in the grand hall suggested the anger in her tone went far beyond a friendship of a mere two months.

And this was never more evident than in the news he was hearing now.  Apparently she had secretly created an enormous army which she was now going to let loose on the darklands and all for his sake.  In fact, listening as Di Jun informed him of the sheer seize of her defence force along with the exceptional skills they would be bringing with them, had Mo Yuan wondering yet again, just what it was that had a woman who had isolated herself from the world, suddenly throwing herself onto the world stage, and he couldn't help but hope that it was for him, that she felt a far deeper connection to him from their shared experience.

But he said nothing as Di Jun informed him of how many souls actually made up her army, and exactly what skills she had taught them while also reiterating why he could not go and inspect her army himself.

"I have already explained why Mo Yuan." Di Jun replied impatiently.  "Her father has made it clear that you are not allowed anywhere near her, especially after her display in the grand hall before the entire world. She has now gained the attention of everyone, the last thing her father will want, is your friendship with her to be known about." he sighed seeing as Mo Yuan was just not understanding.

"All I want to do in inspect her army and perhaps learn a little of those skills in order to factor them into my own battle plans." he replied just as impatiently and becoming frustrated at the lack of co-operation.

"Are you really unaware or are you just being intentionally ignorant?" Di Juns patience finally snapped and bringing Mo Yuans head up to glare at him.

"There is no need to speak to me in that tone Di Jun." he snapped back.  He was the only man he would tolerate a berating from, so he did not allow the offence to take root, but he did want an answer.

"Every man and woman in that hall learned of her presence at that battle, they also learned that that she was aware of your presence in that mist, and as far as they are aware, only a few were informed of that fact.  They also know that you had company in that cave, it would not take much for their minds to throw the two of you together and you know what that would mean for her." he stated again, the third time that morning and though Mo Yuan understood the reasoning, he just didn't think it was such a big deal.

"She is a High Goddess and Qing Qius Queen and though her rank has placed her in a position of interest, they did not meet the woman I met in that cave!" his voice shot back as he allowed his mind to fill with every memory of her.