The Final Battle.

It was a typical battle day, in fact, it didn't surprise Mo Yuan at all that a storm was in full flight across the heavens the moment his horse left Kunlun Mountain, because every battle he had ever fought in, had brought the rains with it and being the middle of summer made no difference.  Only this time, the ominous feel of death was hanging low over all of them.

In the past, his battles with Qing Cang had always been violent and deadly, only the last war saw him unleash a hell that not even Mo Yuan could have predicted.  He knew at the time that Qing Cang had a weapon of destruction, only like the rest, he had truly believed that he would not release it.  After all, like the rest of them, he seemed to value his people just as much, went out of his way to ensure their every comfort and safety, so to have released that toxic mix of deadly gasses suggested that he had either lost his mind, or he honestly thought he had a chance of winning this time, so played his final card to ensure it.

But as all good stories that involves good over evil go, he had not counted on Mo Yuan surviving and this was evident in the haphazard way Qing Cang had not only spread his men out with no real thought to strategy, but he had only allowed himself a week to plan.  Mo Yuans survival should have seen him planning and strategizing heavily for at least three months, but it seemed as if he was counting on Mo Yuans injuries to be his saving grace.

Only Qing Cang did not look all that well himself.  From where he was placed, Mo Yuan was informed by Die Feng that the Ghost Leader was weak looking, far too pale and was leaning heavily on his horse.  

"He might look weak, but what of his men?" he asked squinting towards the back row where he could barely make out the shadows of Qing Cang and his sons.  The banners they were waving were overly large so he could see those more clearly, but not the face of his greatest nemesis.

"Most look hardy Shifu, but the back rows are not men, they are all ghost assassins and the large mountain tribe behind him are vast in number, perhaps two hundred of them, far more than the last war." Die Feng informed him as the Celestial soliders being led in by Di Jun arrived.

"I wouldn't worry too much about the mountain tribe.  They might have extraordinary strength, but they move slowly.  The ones you need to deal with first are the assasins, they might not have a lot of power, but they move at lightening speed.  Take them out first." Mo Yuan replied hoarsely.  

The scent of that mist was still in the air, and though it couldn't cause anymore damage, it did bring back the memory of those first few seconds when Qing Cang released it.  He knew the man had also been affected by it, and going by Die Fengs description of the mans health, it looked as if he had also suffered far more than Mo Yuan.  Only Mo Yuan did not have his full sight back, so he was just as weak as him which meant their own private battle would hopefully be evenly matched.

"Yes Shifu.  Don't worry, we will take out the larger threat first." Die Feng replied stiff lipped.

"What of Qing Qiu?   Are they here yet?" he asked turning his head in every direction for a hint of her army.

"Not that I can see Shifu.  Then again, I do not know their armour..." his voice trailed at the disappointment on his face.  "Queen Bai Qian said she will come, she won't disappoint." he added quickly.

The final night of preparations was when Die Feng learned all about that Queen and who it was that had saved his Shifus life in that cave and having witnessed himself the grand display she had put on before the entire world, he had no doubts at all that this woman would come.  In fact, like Mo Yuan, he was hoping so.  He had not said anything, but the Celestials and Kunlun Mountain were severely outnumbered.  It looked as if Qing Cang had placed every soul at his disposal on the battleground, which was why it looked so messy.  But if Queen Bai Qian really did have an army of three hundred thousand, then not only would the Ghosts be outnumbered, but with the skills she was also bringing, they would win this war once and for all.  So like Mo Yuan, his eyes kept flickering towards the east which was the direction she would be coming from.