the flirt

💭

💭

RICKY'S POV

"Go talk to her!" Big Red tried to convince me, as I stared at Y/N who had her back to me practicing the 'Stick to the Status Quo' dance number in front of Carlos.

"No, man! I can't do that!" I sputtered in a tremulous tone as I paced around the classroom filled with the rest of the drama kids. "C'mon man, we both know you have close to zero chance with her, but dude you have to try!" Big Red smiled brightly and sent me a petulant look.

"Thanks man, that helped a lot." I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him as I observed Y/N as she began to get frustrated with herself as she attempted the jazz and ballet move again.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed how she moved so gracefully and powerfully, yet never seemed satisfied with herself.

Y/N'S POV

"Carlos, are you sure i'm doing it right?" I inquire, motioning towards my feet.

When Carlos convinced me to 'help out' with the musical a month ago, I thought he meant being a part of the crew and helping out Kourtney with costumes or assisting Big Red and the technical team, not turning into a whole ballerina!

"Y/N, you're doing it way better than all the other dancers and you've been practicing the number the most, yet you give yourself zero credit for all the effort you give!"

I nodded and looked down at my sneakers. "Thanks, Carlos. I'm just going to run it again one more time. I think Seb is waiting for you, go to him!" I gesture towards the table near the back of the classroom where Seb was sitting with a couple of friends.

"Just don't overwork yourself." Carlos advised, glancing at me with concerned eyes. I nodded repeatedly and he rushed away towards Seb. I kicked off my sneakers for reasons unknown and hit the replay button on the speaker.

I counted the beats up till I received the cue. My socks gave me more speed as I attempted the pirouettes again, and I found myself slowly losing balance.

RICKY'S POV

"Just go talk to her! Look! Carlos just left to talk to Seb, this is your chance." Big Red nudged my shoulder. I shook my head anxiously, biting my nails. "What do I even say?"

"Dude, just flirt with her! Use those lines we found on google!" Big Red exclaimed, patting my shoulder reassuringly.

I swallowed and nodded. While I approached her I watched her reset the music and practice the routine all over again.