my valentine

💭

💭

"Shit." You sighed and rubbed your dry, tired eyes as the bright, golden sun peaked through your dark curtains.

Your hand reached out to the right side of the bed. Cold. You frowned, your eyes still shut, and grumpily buried your head into your pillows.

Another day without Joshua. The worst part about it was that today was Valentine's Day.

Joshua hadn't called you in about a week or two, but you weren't going to complain, you promised yourself you weren't going to become the clingy, needy girlfriend. He was currently working hard in Salt Lake City, filming for season two of HSMTMTS.

You knew he was busy, but being alone with your thoughts for 3 months without any affection or love from your boyfriend made your mind go to places you never thought of before.

"What if he's cheating on me?" You whispered anxiously, placing your chin in your palm as you looked across the diner table at your friend who was rolling her eyes at you.

"What are you even saying? Why would he cheat on you?" She questioned, munching on a fry as she watched your face contort with pure anxiety. "Why wouldn't he? He's been away from me for so long, he's spent the past few months with VERY beautiful, talented, famous women and he hasn't been calling!"

Your friend laughed at your panicked rant and distressed state as she set down her burger. "Y/N. He's just busy! You've met those girls over the phone! They were nice to you! You trust Josh, right? And you know that he doesn't always have to be the first person to call, right? He's probably thinking the same thing as you right now."

Wincing at the bright room surrounding you, you grabbed your phone, smiling fondly at your wallpaper of when you and Josh had your first date at an ice skating rink downtown. You typed in your password and pressed Josh's contact.

You bit your nails while you waited for Josh to answer the call. Why were you so nervous all of a sudden? This was your boyfriend, your best friend.

"Hello?" You heard after a few rings, making you freeze. "Hello? Y/N? Babe?" He repeated making you shake out of your dazed trance. "Yes? Oh, hey." You said, stuttering as you hastily mustered out a greeting.

"Baby! Happy Valentine's Day!" You blushed softly, the pink, rosey colour tinting your cheeks quickly. "Happy Valentines Day! Wait one second." A request to FaceTime appeared on Joshua's screen. His eyes widened and he quickly pressed the decline button. You furrowed your eyebrows and a small frown etched itself onto your face.