nothing more

(All the characters are aged up in this imagine, enjoy!)

up in this imagine, enjoy!)

💭

"Why aren't you two dating yet?" Ashlyn inquired as she poured herself another drink. You groaned at the all too familiar question and threw your head back in annoyance. Ashlyn eyed you skeptically and sipped out of her red solo cup as she attempted to read your body language.

She turned her head over to her left, where Big Red and Ricky were having a conversation of their own.

You followed her eyes and smiled at the sight of Ricky enjoying himself. You noticed his foot tapping along to the beat of the music blaring through the speakers.

You and Ricky had been best friends for the longest time. He was your oldest friend, and you were his. You both have gotten mistaken for a couple constantly. Maybe it was because you both seemed perfect for each other—in all fairness, even your parents believed you guys were dating at one point, but still, your friends always wondered why you weren't dating.

Whenever they asked, the answer was always the same: "we're just friends, nothing more."

Ashlyn sat her cup on the countertop and smacked her hand down on the marble. "I call bullshit!" A friendly, all too familiar banter ensued between the two of you as you argued that there was nothing going on between you and your best friend.

Ricky ripped his eyes away from Big Red, who was busy talking about getting rid of his old skateboard and looked your way. Your y/h/c hair shined radiantly as it basked in the warm, orange glow of the setting sun pouring in through the open window in front of you and Ashlyn.

He smiled wholeheartedly and excused himself politely before making his way over to you. "Hey, bubs, you look pretty." Ricky cut in, looking down at you sweetly. He leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss to your cheek. You mumbled a thank you and grinned softly while running your hand through his brown, tousled hair.

"Just friends my ass." Ashlyn rolled her eyes and made her way to the backyard to mingle with some other friends to leave you and Ricky alone for a while.

Acts of affection like that were a normal thing for you two. The cheek kisses, hugs, nicknames and cuddles were all a major aspect to your friendship. Not all of that was reserved for couples!

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see what you were up to," he shrugged, "wanna head outside? Carlos got these hammocks the other day, they look pretty comfy." He insinuated, gesturing out the window. You nodded in response and followed him out to the backyard, where the music wasn't as loud and where the vibes were calmer.