⤷ lie detector test³

💭

💭

(Technically celebrity crush part 3!)

"Y/N, Joshua. We brought you here today to take a lie detector test. One of you will be hooked up to the machine while the other asks questions and then you'll switch." A crew member behind the camera informed you both monotonously. You nodded in approval and Josh rubbed his hands together nervously.

"So.. who wants to be in the hot seat first?" Joshua flickered his eyes from you to the polygraph machine. "Y/N would love to go first." He insisted jocularly.

You rolled your eyes and shook your head sarcastically. "You're supposed to save the best for last, you should go first." Joshua placed his hand over yours and kissed the side of your head. "My girlfriend, everyone."

"Are you ready? I came up with some pretty interesting questions these past few days that I've been dying to ask you." You grinned.

"You asked this last time, I was born ready. Plus," Joshua smirked, looking at you with sparkling eyes, "I get to ask you some questions after, so be careful with what you ask, babe, because it might come back to bite your ass." He winked and your face flushed.

Joshua turned back towards the camera and clapped, "Let's get started!" A crew member laughed and instructed you to move to sit at the other side of the table so they could attach Josh to the machine.

"Arms up." The woman demanded sternly, Joshua observed her blank, emotionless face and then turned to you with furrowed eyebrows. You shrugged and wiggled your eyebrows at him causing him to break the silence and burst out laughing. The woman silently sent you glares, which you both ignored and continued making silly faces and giggling as quietly as you could.

"We're ready." A crew member called out from behind the camera breaking you out of your daze and you looked at the woman controlling the polygraph machine for approval before you began.

"Alright. Joshua, I'm going to ask you a few short, straightforward questions to calibrate the machine." Joshua exhaled loudly and wiggled his fingers before nodding, gesturing for you to proceed.

"Is your name Joshua Bassett?"

Josh nodded and the woman commanded him to answer verbally. You snorted and stifled a laugh while he mustered out apologies and repeated, "yes."

"Are you 19 years old?" "Yes."

"Finally, are you nervous?" Joshua looked up and squinted eyes, something he did frequently whenever he was thinking about something.