wisdom teeth

💭

💭

RICKY'S POV

I waited patiently in the silent waiting room listening to the sonorous, almost hypnotic noise of the air conditioner for around 45 minutes before the nurse called me back to Y/N's room.

"Did you guys give her the gas n' air?" I inquired as I obediently followed her through the bleak hallway. The nurse nodded and and gave me a tight lipped smile.

I cracked a smile at the thought of Y/N on laughing gas or anesthesia, but it slowly faded away when I heard my best friend's loud voice through the wall.

"Here she is! I'm going to just grab her appointment summary and you two should be good to go!" She exclaimed opening the door for me. I thanked her kindly and stepped in.

"Ricky!" She shouted and threw her hands up, dropping her ice pack in her lap. Her cheeks were a but swollen and her lips were chapped. When she yelled my name, I noticed the reddish pink bits of gauze she had on the insides of her mouth.

"Hey, how ya feeling?" I questioned. She threw her hands back in her lap and looked up at me, "I feel great." She started to lean off the chair so I shifted her over so she was laying down.

"Here, put this on your cheek." I passed her the ice pack that was slowly defrosting on her leg. She placed it on her cheek and her eyes went wide out of nowhere. "Hello?"

I stifled a laugh as Y/N misunderstood the icepack for her phone and had a little conversation with no one. I couldn't blame her though, the icepack they'd given her was almost the exact same size as her phone. "Yes, one pepperoni and one extra cheese."

"Who called?" Ricky inquired, pulling out his phone to save this moment. "Dave." She uttered simply, closing her eyes and tilting her head back.

"Who's Dave?" She peeped an eye open and stared at him blankly, "the pizza man." I let out a hearty laugh and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

We both turned our heads towards the door, where the dentist stood with her appointment information. "Well Y/N, you were very good! How are you feeling?" He said and handed me the packet.

"I feel like... a badass!" She exclaimed loudly, throwing her ice pack on the floor. The dentist gave a bitter laugh and handed Y/N back her ice pack, "You two should be able to head out now." The dentist sent me a smile, but as he exited I could hear him mutter "I don't get paid enough for this."

"Hold on to me, okay?" I reminded her as we made our way to the car. She seemed focused on the cracks in the pavement, so I squeezed her waist with my left hand to grab her attention. "Can you do that for me, angel?"