if we were a movie

💭

💭

"Want to come to my house after school today? Dad hasn't seen you in a while, I thought we could all go out to dinner together or someth-" Ricky began.

"Rick! Look!" Y/N whirled around to show Ricky the single rose she found in her locker. He grimaced and nodded his head, faking a smile.

I would've bought you a whole bouquet, not just a single pathetic rose.

"Y-Yeah. That's so nice of him, Y/N." She brought the flower up to your nose and closed her eyes, inhaling it's light scent. She exhaled happily and placed it back in her locker with a prominent smile gracing her soft, plump lips.

"Anyways Y/N, do you think you could come over-" Ricky was once again interrupted, this time by Y/N's boyfriend. Ricky watched as he picked Y/N up by her waist and spun her around in the middle of the hallway. Y/N let out a surprised squeal and completely forget about Ricky's presence.

Of course.

Whenever Y/N was in a new relationship, Ricky felt lonely and forgotten. He and Big Red were always the third and fourth wheels. To make things worse, none of her boyfriends ever liked Ricky. They despised him.

"Morning, babe." Ethan smiled as he set her down. Ricky cringed. "Good morning." She spoke softly, reaching her hand up to run through his hair.

"I hope you liked the little gift I got you." Ethan leaned down to place a passionate kiss onto Y/N's lips. Aware of nearly the entire hallway with their eyes on her, Y/N pulled away from the kiss quite quickly. "People are watching."

Ethan glanced up, making eye contact with different students as he looked around, including Ricky, who was looking at the couple like a lost puppy.

"Dicky, stop being such a perv. Can't you see I'm trying to kiss my girlfriend? Get a life." Ethan snarled, narrowing his eyes and sizing up the shorter boy. Ricky quickly glanced down at his shoes and fidgeted with his hands.

"Hey, hey, don't talk to him like that." Y/N scolded, "And his name is Ricky." Ricky looked up to her with hopeful eyes.

"I know that, love. I'm just messing around with him. Right, Rick?" Ethan sent Ricky a death glare and nudged his shoulder harshly.

"Uh, y-yeah. Just playing around." Ricky scratched the back of his neck and chuckled to cover up the evident cracks in his high pitched voice.

Not just playing around. Ricky hated Ethan. Ricky hated all of Y/N's boyfriends, to be honest. He hated all of them because they were all tall, handsome, and popular. Oh, and because they weren't him.