The Beginning

No One's POV

    (Y/N) was in the playground running from something coming after him. He hid behind a wall, that kids would use to climb up to a slide, as he looked around the corner. As he was looking he heard something behind him, but it was to late. Something grabbed him as it got close enough, "Your it!" (Y/N) stood up as one of his friends stood in front of him smirking, "How do you always manage to get me?" "Simple, I'm just fast." "That's not a good explanation."
    The two were interrupted by the bell ringing signalling that all the students had to return to class. (Y/N) was 9 years old as he was in elementary school with a few friends. As his class was going to their classroom, they were stopped at the door by a different teacher, "Sorry kids, but Mrs. Rose isn't feeling well today. We have called all of your parents to take you home. Head outside at the entrance of the school." One of the students seemed worried, "What's wrong with Mrs. Rose?" "She just isn't feeling well."
    (Y/N) peeked inside to see his teacher being held down by the P.E. teacher as his principal held his arm in pain while blood came from, "Crazy bitch bit me!" The other teacher rushed the students to the entrance so they could wait. A few minutes later all the students were picked with (Y/N) now by himself as he sat on a bench waiting. A car then pulled up as his aunt Carley opened the passenger door, "Hop on in squirt!"
    (Y/N) got in as they started to drive away, without them knowing that we they got on the road the P.E. teacher fell through the entrance door as the principal, Mrs. Rose, and the other teacher came towards him. The coach swung a wrench around, "Stay back! Don't make me hurt you!" The three didn't respond as they walked closer as they brought the coach to the ground while they bit into his flesh. The man screamed in pain until the principal bit his throat out.
    Carley and (Y/N) drove down the highway while the radio played, "Breaking news, a virus has broken out resulting in people not being themselves. We suggest that you stay indoors-" Carley turned off the radio, "Your to young to hear things like that." Carley took the road that went into the back roads, "Sorry I was so late. I had to wrap up an interview." (Y/N) looked out the window as trees passed by, "Its fine. I usually get picked up late."
    Carley sighed as she looked at (Y/N) and back at the road, "Your mom and dad do wish that they could spend more time with you (Y/N). They just have really difficult jobs and those jobs take time." (Y/N) still seemed a bit down, "I know." Carley nudged (Y/N)'s shoulder as she smirked, "Ya know a little birdie told me that you may be going to that new water park tomorrow." (Y/N) seemed to get a bit happier as he smiled from the news. As they drove by a couple slowly walked out of the trees with blood all over their mouths and hands. A woman was behind them on the ground with his guys spilled on the dirt.
    They drove into a nice neighborhood as the two noticed a few people packing up some things. Carley turned right in the driveway of her sister's house to notice her neighbors packing up as well. She got out of the car, "(Y/N) stay here." She walked into the house to see the living room in a mess. The bookcase nearly touching the ceiling was on the couch as a bit of that was all torn up, with the tv screen cracked. The kitchen was in no better shape with a drawer opened and a bloody knife on the ground.
    Carley quickly made her way upstairs to look right and see her sister sitting on the ground, with a gun in hand, a large bite mark on her left leg, and the door behind her banging. Carley quickly walked up to her, catching the other woman's attention. Carley got on one knee, "Ratchel what happened to you?" Ratchel simply gave Carley the gun as she pushed her away, "Go! Run!" "Ratchel what happened?"
    Ratchel simply grabbed her sister's arm, "You need to take (Y/N) and drive as far away from here! Don't look back just keep going! Don't let one of them bite you!" "But-" "Go!" Carley stared into her sister's eyes until she stood up and walked backwards still looking at her. When she reached the stairs she quickly made her way down and walked out of the house to see a man leaned up against (Y/N)'s window with his arm through it as it had (Y/N)'s arm.
    Carley quickly walked to the head of the car to point the gun at the man, "Stop or I'll shoot!" The man stopped, but slowly started walking towards Carley as he had his mouth open and arms towards her, "Don't make me do this!" He got close enough to be only a foot away causing Carley to shoot him the head. He fell over dead as Carley had blood on her as she was in a bit of shock.
    She quickly recollected herself as she noticed more people like the man all around and he neighborhood. She walked around the car and got in the driver's seat tk start the car, "You ok squirt?" "Yeah I'm fine. Where is mom and dad?" "Something is wrong with them. We will meet them later, but right now we have to go." The window above them then broke as (Y/N)'s mom and dad fell down in front of them. His dad slowly got up as he walked towards the car.
    Carley quickly backed out of the driveway as (Y/N) looked at the adults, "What's wrong with dad?" Carley quickly drove off, "That wasn't you dad anymore." "What was he?" "I- I don't know." As they were driving more chaos appeared as people started killing each other, they started eating each other, and others fled in their cars. Carley headed onto the highway as she turned on the radio.
    There was a man with some screams in the background, "If you meet someone that has a bite mark on their body or if they are acting differently with grey eyes do not approach them. Find the authorities or run away, find a safe place to stay. Hey who are you! Don't come closer! Get away from me! Ahhh!" Carley quickly turned it off, "What the hell is going on?" "Carley I'm scared." "I am too, but everything's gonna be alright."
    Carley went into the city so that she could get some supplies, food, and water. When they made it into the city it was chaos caused by just people. The infection didn't seem to reach here yet, so Carley pulled up into a parking lot of a small store. Carley brought (Y/N) inside in with her as she got out of the car and into the store. As they walked down the aisles Carley grabbed (Y/N)'s backpack to empty out everything in it. She then started to put as much food and drinks she could get in the backpack.
    When she filled it up she led (Y/N) back to the car, and when they got in and closed the door she started to back it up. A man then spotted them, "They've got a car!" Everyone who didn't already have a vehicle started to surround the car as they tried to get in. They started breaking the windows and break open the doors until Carley pulled out her gun and aimed it at the people causing all of them to freeze.
    They couldn't drive out with all the people around, so she opened her door still aiming the gun. She signalled (Y/N) to come to her as she grabbed the backpack and led the both of them out of the crowd. When they turned around everyone started fighting for the car and when Carley and (Y/N) got a good distance away they heard painful screams. They turned around again to see a few zombies in the crowd eating people, "We've gotta find a safe place to hide."