Journey To The School

No One's POV

(Y/N) took aim at the two men hiding behind a broke down car who were shooting towards Mia as she was behind a piece of concrete. He shot the one on the left in the head having his body fall and limp on the hood of the car. Seeing this made the other man get behind cover as (Y/N) shot towards him. Mia took this opportunity to run from her cover to hop into the back of the van. Noah waited until he thought that it was safe and ran towards the van to be shot in the leg sending him to the ground. He held his leg to have Luke shoot down the man who shot him to help Noah up and get the two of them into the back of the van. (Y/N) and Christa got in to close the two doors to have Rachel drive the van out of the wall making it collapse which meant that Lily couldn't follow them quick enough to be able to keep up.

After a few minutes Luke took the wheel as Rachel sat in the passenger seat so that she couldn't see what was going on in the back. Ying was getting the bullet out of Sophie's and Noah's leg. (Y/N) held Sophie down as Christa held Noah down while Mia handed Ying whatever she needed as Ying did whatever she could. After a few minutes Sophie and Noah had their legs bandaged up as the two bullets were bloody and in a pan. An hour later Luke stopped to get out of the van with Rachel as Christa jumped out of the back of the vehicle, "Why have we stopped?" Luke looked over at her, "We're out of gas. We didn't know how much was left." "So you used this van to break us out and get away hoping that it had enough gas." Luke shrugged as he nodded, "Yeah, that's basically it." Christa quickly pit her head in the palm of her head, "I'm gone for two months and everyone's brains turn into mush." "Hey!"

Ying peeked her head out from the back of the van, "What are we doing?" Christa put her hands on her hips, "The van is out of gas. We are gonna have to continue on foot." "Where are we going to go?" They were interrupted by Sophie, "I know a place." "And where is that?" "A school that used to be for troubled children. But when the world turned to shit all the adults ran off leaving us all on our own. It's a pretty safe place with reinforced walls." Christa had a few doubts about the place, "You mean a place ruled by teenagers where you got captured in the first place. You want us to go there?" "Minerva and I were going hunting way farther than we usually do. I assure you that it's safe." "And what it everyone there already left?" "If they did we can go somewhere else." Christa thought for a bit to look from Sophie to (Y/N), "You've been with her for the longest. Do you think that this school place is safe?" (Y/N) nodded to have Christa come up with a conclusion, "Alright, we will go check out the school. But we are going on foot so let's go."

Ying seemed a bit concerned, "Well Noah can walk on his own just fine, but Sophie will open up her wound the more she walks." "Well we can take turns carrying her or help her walk on the way." "Alright then, that could work. Who wants to go first?" (Y/N) raised his hand, "I'll go first." Mia then raised her hand to point at herself and put up two fingers that signified that she would go second. Everyone hopped out of the van with Sophie coming out last to be helped down by (Y/N) and put her arm over his shoulder as he supported her up. The group continued walking down the road to have Luke think of something, "So uh, Sophie. How long is it going to take to get to the school?" "Well this is a guess, but I think maybe two months." "Well that's not too long, especially with this group." "What do you mean?" "Well we have the leader: Christa, the jokester: me, the medic: Ying, the brawler: Noah, the innocent one: Rachel, the loyal one: (Y/N), the kind one: Mia, and then the adrenaline junkie: you." "Heh, sounds like an awesome group."

1 Month Later

Sophie had her leg bandaged as she walked fine as long as she didn't jump or fall from a foot high. She was walking with Ying as she needed to have someone walk with her in case something happened. They found a cabin and against Ying's worries the two checked it out. Sophie went in first with her pocket knife out as Ying followed behind with her hunting rifle. Ying stayed in the living area to have Sophie go into a small bedroom to not find anything in the open or in any drawers, "Just another moldy cabin I guess." She checked the closet before she left and as she looked to the bottom right she was happily surprised. She reached in to pick up a crossbow, "Well hello beautiful." She also picked up a bag of arrows that she put across her shoulder as it was on her back. She walked out into the living area to have Ying look at her new weapon, "I see that you found something that you like." "You bet. I've always wanted one of these." The two then heard a gunshot making them worry as they rushed out and ran towards the noise.