Breakout

(Y/N)'s POV

I was currently fighting Sophie as everyone who was chosen to be fighters were in an open area. If you didn't fight or collapsed you would be beaten as punishment. Ever since I got here life has been total hell as I haven't seen Luke, Ying, or Rachel for a month as I have only seen Christa once a day for a few seconds. We've only been able to t ell each other a few sentences as different groups stayed separated. She was a scavenger and she was out a lot, but under surveillance by the rest of the people in her group.

Sophie went to kick me in the gut, but I grabbed her ankle to push her back staggering her. I charged at her with a punch to have her turn to her left and grab my right arm. She pushed my elbow up with her palm, but not hard enough to break it. Although it did hurt like a son of a gun. She swept my leg to take me down, but I rolled on the way down as I grabbed her arm to have her land on her back beside me. She went to elbow me in the face, but I blocked it with both of my hands to push her arm back letting her roll away as I got up as we were both now back up.

Sophie seemed to hold her stomach as she started breathing heavily, I saw this to look at where the guards were. I noticed that they were looking at Sophie as they began to walk towards us. Every time this happened to someone else we wouldn't see them again. Sophie said that the people in charge didn't have a use for them anymore. I walked towards Sophie quickly to put her in a choke hold as I made us face away from the guards, "Come on Sophie. I know that we haven't eaten in two days and we have barely gotten any rest. But you gotta keep fighting me." Sophie nodded, "Ok... ok."

Sophie punched me in the face causing me to step back as she was released from my choke hold. The guards stepped back as they continued watching everyone as the two of us put our fists up to have her run at me as she went for my face once again as I ran towards her with my fist going towards her gut. After about an hour we were back in our cell as we each had a small plate of mashed potatoes, well it was potatoes that someone smashed so there was some chunks in it and it was gross with them just being plain. I took a bite as I pointed at Sophie's eye with my fork, "How is your eye doing?" "I'm doing fine. How's your ribs?" "They're fine. I don't think there broken, just sore." "Good."

We then heard someone fighting someone else in a cell a few cells down, "I'll kill you bastard! I'm not staying in here any longer!" "Hey, what the hell man?!" After a few seconds a loud thud was heard as silence followed suite. Sophie sighed a little, "So another one gave in huh." "That's happened a lot since I've been here." "Well it has been two months." "So I guess he will be set free from here." "Yep. They only want the strong ones, so they put two people in a cell. Whoever kills the other one first gets to go on missions and live in an actual room." "A lot of people cave in with all of the hard conditions I guess." "They sure do."

I then noticed Sophie looking outside the small window through the bars, "Who the hell are you?" I looked outside to see Luke's face, "Well I'm Luke. Nice to meet ya." I quickly got up as I put my food down as I walked to the small window, "Luke? What are you doing here?" "Well I know that it's been a while, but Ying and I have been scouting the place and this is the only time I can talk to you. But we can't get to Christa she's to far in." "I know where she is, kinda." "I have only five minutes. So Ying and I have come up with a plan."

Luke pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket as he handed it to me, "We wrote down the steps on here. Make sure no one sees it. Also we may have to do this in three days because these guys are starting to scavenge around us, so get ready. Also your friend can come too, but she needs to keep up with us." Sophie simply responded by saying, "If it means getting out of here I will run a mile." "I like your spirit."

Footsteps were heard coming there way making Luke start to get up, "Meet us at the place and you'll know when we arrive." Luke ran away to as I put the piece of paper in my pocket as I sat back down and continued eating as a guard came to check on us as we acted natural. The guard continued walking away and when he couldn't be heard Sophie sat next to me, "So what do we gotta do?" I took out the paper to unfold it letting the two of them read it. Sophie gave a look of confusion, "They call this a plan?" "Well it's the best chance we got."