The Raiders

No One's Pov

It was morning and everyone was setting the defenses for the inevitable raid that was coming. (Y/N) was currently with Sophie as they were standing at the wall as they had to come up with a way to keep the raiders from climbing the walls. The two looked up and down as they spoke at the see time, "It's clear what to do." Sophie put her hands on her hips, "Barbed wire on top." (Y/N) spoke at the same time, "Spikes at the bottom of the wall." The two looked at each other confused. Sophie kept her left hand on her hip as her right hand pointed at (Y/N), "Did you fall and lose your common sense?" "No, your brain just can't comprehend the genius of my idea." "Spikes? That is something that you hear in stories it will never work in real life." "It is called the element of surprise. It will kill some people while the barbed wire will prevent them from climbing the wall, but it won't do much." 

As the two argued Luke and Christa walked up to the two as Luke talked first, "Woah, what's wrong here. Why are you two fighting?" Sophie looked at the two, "(Y/N) has a stupid idea to put spikes at the bottom of this side of the wall." (Y/N) went next, "And Sophie has a predictable plan to put barbed wire on top of the wall." The two adults looked at each other until they talked at the same time as Christa said, "Go with Sophie's plan." as Luke said, "(Y/N)'s plan sounds right." The two looked at each other, "Excuse me?" Clementine was checking on everyone to see Sophie and Christa arguing with (Y/N) and Luke. She walked up to them, "What is the problem here?" They told Clementine the situation with the two options and asked her which one they should use. Clementine thought for a few seconds until she came up with a conclusion, "Go with the spikes. It won't make the raiders suspicious, will be hard to see in the dark, and may kill a few." Sophie let out a grunt as she rolled her eyes but reluctantly agreed to go with the spikes as (Y/N) smirked. ((Y/N) will remember that).

Christa walked off as she was going to help Mitch with the homemade grenades he was making. Luke walked away a few steps, "I'm gonna get Noah and we'll help ya two with making those spikes." The two nodded as they went to grab a few branches that fell off some trees from the garden area of the school. The two sat on the same side of a bench facing away from the table as they each grabbed a branch and a knife each as they started carving spikes. They each got a spike done as Noah and Luke arrived and started to help. Noah got one done quiet quickly, "So, what are the placements?" (Y/N) picked up another branch, "Uhhhh. Against the wall." Noah looked at him as if he just said that they were going to jump into a horde of walkers, "Against the wall! Sure let's do that! It's not like when they jump down they will miss the spikes completely!" (Y/N) put his hands up in defense, "Ok damn! Where should we place them?" "We need to set them three feet from the wall, one spike standing straight up. We set each spike a foot apart from each other. And if we hurry we have enough branches to set up two rows."

After a few weeks it was sundown and the four managed to secure the front and side gates with two lines of spikes in the ground. Their hands had wood on them as they also got a few splinters, but it barely fazed them as they easily pulled them out. (Y/N) and Sophie were tapped on the shoulders by Louis. He introduced them to come play a game to which Sophie knew. They accepted and went towards the group of teenagers who were playing. Every kid was there except for Ruby and Willy. A.J. asked what they were going to play to which Louis responded while shuffling cards, "Truth or Dare." Violet was sitting on a couch, "You don't use cards in Truth or Dare." "Everyone draws. Highest card gets to ask. Lowest has to answer."

Everyone drew a card to have Violet draw an ace as Clementine drew a three making Violet smile, "This will be good. Truth - Marry, Fuck, Kill? Ruby, (Y/N) or James that guy who saved you." "Hmmm, I would marry (Y/N)." "The one you've known the longest." "I would flip, James." "Ah, repay the boy for saving you." Louis laughed a little, "So that means that your killing, Ruby." Violet breathed in between her teeth, "Oh poor Ruby. Sweet kind-hearted Ruby." Louis looked at Aasim, "Aasim would gladly marry Ruby." Aasim rolled his eyes, "Shut up Louis." Everyone laughed a little as Louis kept his smile, "This is great. We're bonding we're laughing. It's a nice break from thinking about homicidal assholes sneaking into our homes to kidnap us." "Not if you bring it up." "Off to round two."