A New Group

No One's POV

The two men walked closer as the one wearing a baseball cap, long sleeve t-shirt, jeans, and a hunting rifle in hand, "I don't like this Carlos. We're going further into the forest than usual." The man wearing an a white shirt with an over shirt over it, and he seems to come from what seemed like mexican origin, "Calm down Nick. We need food and because of this we need to search further away."

As they got closer (Y/N) thought that it would be safer to come out of hiding as the men could maybe help him. He walked out of the shed with his hands up surprising the two men as Nick held his gun up. Carlos made Nick put the gun down, "Calm down Nick, he's just a child." "And, he could be working for them. We just don't know." "They don't keep children around you know that."

(Y/N) spoke up, "I don't work for anybody." Nick looked back at the boy, "Well the last time we heard that, bad things happened." Walkers started to appear freaking the three out as Nick stepped back, "Carlos we need to go." Carlos got closer too (Y/N), "Come on we need to go." "What are you doing?! We're running out of food. We don't need another mouth to feed." "He is just a child." "If he lasted this long, then he can survive on his own." (Y/N) looked at Carlos, "Please, I can't survive here on my own much longer." Carlos looked back at Nick, "He's coming with us."

The walkers got closer as Nick gave in, "Fine! But he can only stay if he can keep up!" The three ran through the forest as walkers appeared more and more. As they were running Nick tripped on a tree's root as his gun went out of his hands. A walker came close as Nick is turned over and crawled backwards, "Shit, shit, shit." The walker came down on him to be shot in the head and land next for him.

Nick crawled backwards as he looked at the corpse to look up and see (Y/N) with his pistol in hand. Carlos grabbed the rifle as Nick got up, "Let's go!" The three ran through the group of walkers to get past them and after a while they reached a house as a man with glasses, a gut, and dark skin was standing on the porch. He noticed the three running up to meet them off the porch, "What happened? Why are you two back so early? Who is this kid?" Carlos spoke before Nick, "We ran into a group of walkers and this kid saved Nick. We were able to find some food anyways. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go see my daughter."

Carlos walked in with Nick following soon after leaving the two alone. The man turned around to walk away from (Y/N), "Another mouth to feed. Just great." In response (Y/N) followed him, "I can pull my weight." "I'm sure you can kid." The two walked in with the man sitting on the couch, so (Y/N) sat on the couch in front of him as a table was in between the two as it had a game of checkers on it. (Y/N) set the game up to look at the man, "Do you wanna play?" The man had his hands on his knees until he sighed, "Something to busy my mind I guess."

The two started playing for the man to go first, "So what's your name?" "I'm (Y/N), what's yours?" "The name's Alvin." Alvin took one of (Y/N)'s pieces, "So you were by yourself." "Yeah, I was with people though, but I lost them yesterday." "That's to bad." (Y/N) took out two of Alvin's pieces, "You seem preoccupied with something?" "Well my wife, Rebecca, is pregnant so that's why I'm worried about not having enough food." "I guess." A few minutes later Alvin won with only two pieces left, "Good game kid." "Thanks, wanna go again?" "Not now, my wife should be waking up soon. There is a room on the far end upstairs. You can stay there I guess."

Alvin left leaving (Y/N) alone on the couch. Carlos came down the stairs to see (Y/N) on the couch, "You should go into your room, get all settled." "Ok." (Y/N) went upstairs to walk into a room, but instead of it being empty there was a teenage girl on a bed, "Who are you?" "Oh, I'm (Y/N) I walked into the wrong room by accident sorry." "Wait, your another kid, how old are you?" "I'm eleven." "Well I'm fifteen. We could be friends." "Uh, yeah maybe. But for now I'm gonna go settle in my room." "Ok, bye."