They Return

No One's POV

Everyone was frozen as rain poured down on them until Ruby spoke up, "We- we could get medicine from the nurse's office!" Mitch shook his head, "He's dead! The kid blew his fucking brains out!" Louis was shaking a little as he looked at A.J., "Your a murderer. Marlon he- he was down. You had him beat!" He then looked at Clementine, "What the hell did you teach this kid?!" Mitch balled up his fists to have Violet get in front of A.J. with her clever, "Back off all of you!" Louis took a step forward, "It was under control! I talked Marlon down then... He murdered my fucking friend!" Violet looked at Clementine, "Take A.J., go inside." "Oh just let him go back to the dorms! What happens the next time one of us does something that this kid doesn't like?! Do we get a bullet to?!" (Y/N) turned to where he was facing Louis, "Marlon was bad and the kid got confused." "He didn't deserve to die!" "He killed Brody and traded Minerva and Sophie!" "That was different!" Sophie was struck with anger as she turned to face Louis as well, "How the fuck is that different!" Violet looked a little sympathetic, "We get it Louis, just back off, okay?" Clementine took A.J. away and as they were walking Mitch got in front of them to pull a knife on them. 

Before anything escalated Luke and Christa stood next to them as Christa looked at Mitch, "Step away kid." Mitch put away the knife as he walked away, "Tch, screw all of you." Christa crossed her arms, "Get to the dorms Clem. We will talk later." The night went by as the tension stayed while everyone slept. When morning rose (Y/N) woke up to see Louis up and about. (Y/N) got up to put on his shoes, "Where are you going?" Louis walked to the door, "To the funeral." "Rachel and I will come too." "Why?" "Marlon was bad, but Brody was nice." Louis opened the door as he frowned, "Whatever." (Y/N) got up to see Rachel already sitting up on her bed, "Hey (Y/N)?" "Yeah?" "Was what A.J. did wrong?" "I don't want to say it, but yes." "But Marlon was a bad man." "He was a scared teenager who made mistakes and was trying to fix them. Remember-" The two then talked unison, "We don't kill unless we absolutely have to." (Y/N) nodded, "Good girl." Rachel got off of the bed to put on her shoes as they then went to the funeral.

Everyone mourned over the two as Clementine and A.J. arrived, which made the air so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Tenn put a picture of the beach on Brody's grave as Violet couldn't say anything nice about Marlon which made Mitch mad. After awhile Mitch couldn't take it anymore as he yelled at Clementine and A.J. until he came up with the decision that they would all vote if the two should stay or not today. Clementine and A.J. went back to their dorm, until they heard a knock on their door. Clementine opened it to see (Y/N) and Rachel, "Hey Clem." "Hey, what do you need?" "Rachel wanted to play with A.J. She hasn't met many kids her age and Tenn seems to not be talking to anyone."  "A.J. would like her company." Clementine opened the door more letting Rachel in, "A.J. a friend is here." 

The two kids started playing as (Y/N) was about to walk in Clementine put her hand on his chest, "Can I talk to you for a bit?" "Sure." The two walked out into the hall for Clementine to close the door, "How is it going with the voting?" "I have no idea. They said that we're not allowed to vote since we are new. Only Sophie is voting." "I can't believe them. A.J. is just a kid and he didn't understand. Can you believe them?" (Y/N) stayed silent as he rubbed the back of his neck. Clementine looked at him as she squinted her eyes, "You too?" "I know that he was confused and he didn't understand. But what he did was wrong." "Marlon killed Brody!" "Yes he did, but he already gave up and was going to leave. You don't kill someone who is unarmed." "Why not?" "Because people like that have killed Alvin, Carlos, Mia, Mark and Carle-." (Y/N) paused a as he balled up his his right hand into a fist. Clementine looked at him with sympathy as she knew the name he was trying to say as he released his fist and continued, "That is how good people die." Clementine crossed her arms as she frowned, "So, I guess that you want us gone as well." (Y/N) shook his head, "No no no. I want you two to stay. If you two are kicked out then Luke, Christa, and I will go with you." Clementine sighed as she looked down to then look back up at the teenage boy, "No, you guys don't need to. This place is safe and I don't want you all to give it up for only me." "No can do. I just met you after years. I won't lose you again." Clementine's eyes went soft as she quickly hugged (Y/N) which surprised him as she clenched onto his hoodie, "Please hug me." (Y/N) hugged her back as Clementine rested her head on his chest, "I'm scared (Y/N)." (Y/N) started to pat Clementine's head, "It's ok. It's all gonna be ok."

After a few seconds the two separated from the hug to hear someone whistle to their left. They both quickly took a step away from each other as they blushed and awkwardly fumbled with themselves as Noah was standing there, "Heh, you two are getting comfortable." (Y/N) cleared his throat, "What is it Noah?" "I need you to follow me. Christa has a plan." "What is it?" "Just follow me." The two started to walk away as (Y/N) said bye to Clementine. When they arrived to Christa she told everyone in her group that they would let Clementine and A.J. go, but (Y/N) will go with Louis and Velvet to send her off, as she overheard Mitch tell the two that they would send them off. (Y/N) would tell them to come back in a week, and if they didn't convince the others to let them stay then they will all leave as well. After a while it was time for Clementine and A.J. to leave, so Louis, Violet, and (Y/N) saw her off. 

As they were walking A.J. looked down at his shoes, "Clem, my shoes are almost torn." "We will find you some new ones kiddo." Louis seemed to feel bad, "You guys have been out there for years, I am sure that you can survive." Clementine looked back at him, "We may only last a day." A few moments of silence went by for (Y/N) to quicken his speed to where he was next to Clementine. Louis raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing?" (Y/N) looked back at him, "I am saying goodbye to my friend. Is that something I can't do?" Violet let out a grunt, "Let them talk Louis." Louis put his hands up, "Ok ok. Jeez."

Clementine looked up at (Y/N), "What is it?" "Well Christa, Noah, and the rest of us are gonna try and convince everyone to let you and A.J. back in. Come back in a week and if they still won't let in then we will all leave and come with you two." "Oh (Y/N), I already said that you guys don't have to do that." "And I already said that I won't lose you again. Plus Noah and Ying seem to like you and A.J. more than those other teenagers." "What will Sophie do?" "Well she knows about the plan, but it is up to her what she decides to do." It was silent for a while until Clementine broke the silence, "Thank you for seeing me off." "It won't be the last time we see each other." 

Louis and Violet then stopped, "This is the place." (Y/N) rejoined the other two for Clementine and A.J. to say goodbye and leave. As Louis, Violet, and (Y/N) were walking Violet pulled out a pistol in her hands, "Oh I forgot to give this back to Clem. Louis come with me. (Y/N) go to the school and tell them that we had to do this. Just so that they don't worry." (Y/N) continued forward, "Alright. Just stay out of danger."

(Y/N) walked to the school and told Mitch where Louis and Violet were which calmed him down a little. After half an hour Louis and Violet returned as they seemed scared. (Y/N) opened the gate as Christa followed him, "What happened to you two?" Louis started fumbling with his hands as he waved his hands through the air, "We went back to give Clementine her gun, but we saw her on her knees in front of a woman as A.J. was pinned down by some guy, we couldn't see his face." (Y/N) put his right hand up to where it was on even level with his chest, "Wait, did you two leave them there?!" "She told us to run and when I looked behind us they got away as the adults were blocked by walkers." "Well then we need to go after them." Christa stopped (Y/N) by putting her hand on his shoulder and pulled him back, "We are not going anywhere?" (Y/N) looked back at Christa confused, "Wha- Why?!" "It is getting dark and more of those people might be roaming the woods. Clementine told Louis and Violet to run, because she knows that she can take care of herself and that kid." "But-" "We don't need more people out there to probably get caught, killed, or bitten." "All of that can happen to Clementine and A.J!" "No they can't because we are talking about Clementine. These kids have just been behind these walls, they couldn't fight bandits or fight a herd of walkers if needed to. Clementine has been on her own with A.J. for years. They will be alright. I bet that they will be back by sunrise. You know that I'm right." (Y/N) looked down to avoid eye contact with Christa until he looked at her, "Yeah your right." "Now go get some sleep. Rachel needs some comforting as she is upset that A.J. and Clem had to leave. You can be the lookout first thing in the morning." "Alright. Goodnight Christa." "Goodnight (Y/N)." As (Y/N) walked to the dorm rooms Christa looked out into the woods as the sun finally set and darkness covered the sky, "Please don't prove me wrong Clem."