Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

POSTED 2/9/20

A/N: NOT PROOFREAD AT ALL so feel free to point out any mistakes if there are! There are some terms and names in this chapter that you might not know because they aren't in the movies (based these off of the books and wiki bc I don't remember everything in the series okay HAHA), so you can just scroll down to my later A/N for the definitions if you need to :>

2 months after the War of Deliverance, Narnian Year 2303

Aslan chose to stay in Narnia for just around a month longer after the Pevensies' departure. The lion guided Mary and Caspain, the successors of the Pevensies, for a short while as they brought an end to the Dark Ages and the war, and thus, kickstarted the beginning of a new age. Mary soon further realized why Aslan was so loved and respected by everyone. He was wise, understanding, caring, and both a good mentor and friend. Mary admittedly found it a bit difficult to adjust to living in Narnia, more so in a castle which was a far cry from her simple home back in Finchley, but she had formed close friendships with those she had met that helped make life there easier.

Aslan was there to guide her during his stay, frequently going on walks with Mary when she wasn't busy. He spoke of the Golden Age, how the Pevensies ruled as both a guide and warning, and generally helped Mary keep a level head amidst everything. He must have known how strange it must be for her to be alone in Narnia when she had depended on the Pevensies practically the entire time they were still there. Eventually, Aslan had to leave, and without much of a reason. Mary knew better than to question him, believing that he had some sort of perfect plan and timing all laid out in his head.

Despite Aslan's departure, Caspian had become a good friend of Mary's as well. The two bonded and worked with one another so well that it was almost like two siblings ruling a country together, and Mary was grateful for that dynamic they shared. Initially, she was actually afraid that they wouldn't get along together as leaders seeing as he was much more knowledgable about Narnia, but she was pleasantly surprised when it was the opposite. With the two of them both being royals and knighted with the title of Order of the Lion, there was a need to designate their roles.

Mary was assigned as the head of the Narnian Army and was given the task to assist the Narnians in the physical and social aspect of rebuilding their homes and livelihood. On the other hand, Caspian focused more on the relocation of the remaining Telmarines and the economic aspect of rebuilding the nation. The two of them worked together the most when it came to creating alliances with neighboring countries.

Reepicheep and his fellow mice were assigned to officially be part of the army, too. This was probably the biggest reason why Mary's friendship with the witty mouse grew over time. It was always refreshing to have someone share the same kind of humor with her when things got tough, especially now that Edmund and Lucy, who she was closest to, weren't by her side to joke around and bicker with her.

Trumpkin was also around very often. He was declared the regent of the king and queen in the event of their absence. Mary and Caspian felt that there was no other man who had the same amount of grit and loyalty that Trumpkin had to become their regent. However, the two royals had yet to leave the castle long enough for Trumpkin to take their place, so the dwarf was also one of their advisors and did his job extraordinarily.

Doctor Cornelius became the Lord Chancellor. In line with that, the council of nobles had to be entirely revamped. It did not consist of purely Telmarines anymore, but a mixture of those that could still be trusted from their lot together with the most intelligent Narnians. Clearly, drastic changes had been made within the country, but they were all for the best.