2 ~ Touring

Danielle's P.O.V

"I'm Danielle, but most of the shanks here call me Dani. I'm probably going to be the person you trust most in here, being the only girl and all. Plus, I am a pretty good secret keeper, so if at any point you need to talk to me about anything I will always be there to listen." I introduce myself to the Green Bean, giving him a kind smile.

For the first time since he has arrived here, he says something. "So you're Dani. Before Alby said your name I thought you were going to be a dude." I laugh, the sitution not being something foreign to me. Minho and Gally normally leave me at breakfast to meet the Greenie and when they do, I can normally hear Minho shout. "Dani is going to love you."

No other explanation as to who I am. Hence the confusion.

"What made you think that? My nickname being unisex or the fact that every other person here is a guy?" I ask, smirking as he adjusts his shirt. He coughs, trying to clear his throat before answering me. "A bit of both I guess." I laugh again.

~~~~~

The Greenie and I walk towards the lookout tower, the entire way there having me point out people, jobs and buildings that he'll have to learn. So far he hasn't asked many questions, thought I know he is itching to do so. They all are when they first arrive in that box.

The two of us climb the several ladders of the rickety lookout tower, and I push open the hatch to allow us to stand on the top floor. My feet clamber up the last few runs of the ladder and I hop up onto the deck, standing out of the way for the Greenie to join me. Once he steps onto the deck, I close the hatch behind him and make my way over to the edge of the platform, resting my elbows on the fence.

"Careful, the fence isn't the most sturdy thing to lean on." I say to the Greenie, watching as he copies me and looks out across The Glade. We stand in silence for a few moments as I let him look over The Glade, while I look at him, examining his features.

He has green eyes with brown flecks, ruffled dark hair, and the rest of his body was quite muscled. But he still looked like a boy.

"Isn't it rude to stare?" He says into the open air, making me smirk beside him

"Isn't it rude to stare?" He says into the open air, making me smirk beside him. "Isn't it rude to call out a girl who was prejudging what role you'll fit into?" I quip, making him turn his head in thought. "Isn't it rude to be prejudiced?" He retorts, at which I shake my head. "It's rude to discriminate. Prejudging isn't as bad as long as you don't act on it. Besides, I was only trying to figure out if you truly will be better at being a builder or a runner. You don't need to get your panties in a twist."

The Greenie chuckles and pulls his mouth into a relaxed smile. "You do this a lot don't you? Guessing who a person will be." He observes. I smack my lips together with a high pitched *pop*, nodding my head slowly. "Turns out I have a knack for it. Gally still owes me several drinks for the last few Greenies."