10 ~ Please

I waited for Minho to finish his dinner, then the two of us wandered over to the council hut, having no care in the world that we were the last ones in.

Everybody looked at the two of us as we walked in, taking our places on each side of Gally. I leant my body against the wall of the council hut as Alby started talking, way too aware of the glare Newt was giving me from beside the eldest man.

"Alright then. Now that we are all here, let's discuss Elijah's new role. Let's start with what he wasn't good at, and move our way to what he was good at." Alby tells the group from the centre of the circle, looking around for anybody to start talking.

When nobody else says anything, Winston steps forward. "He wasn't bad at being a slicer at all, I just don't think that he was comfortable with killing our livestock. So if the rest of you guys think he is more suited to doing something else, I'm not sure I would be comfortable making him do something he is not comfortable with himself. Therefore, ruling out being a slicer?" Winston proposes, looking to the others for confirmation. We all nod our heads in agreement, and look back to Alby.

"Ok then, so that's Slicer and Runner ruled out. FryPan, how was Elijah today with the cooking?" Alby asks the bulky boy. FryPan scratches his chin as he re-evaluates how Eli had done today. "He definitively can cook, but just not that well. Like in comparison to past Greenie's we've had, he has more of a knack for it. Yet I'm not sure him working with us cooks would be beneficial for anybody but Dani, who would have a lot more patients with burns on her hands than beforehand."

Wow, these meetings were very formal... I'm already getting bored.

"I'm not even sure I would be getting more patients. Elijah knows how to treat burns and cuts, I've seen him do it already. And that was without my training. So, I think having him work as a Med-Jack ould be good." I pipe in, hearing a scoff come from Newt.

I look over to him with raised eyebrows as he pushes himself off the wall and walks towards Alby. "Elijah's got some strength to him. I say we use that instead of giving him a pointless job in the Med-Jacks as he will only end up sitting on his ass for the rest of his life. Like some of the others do." Newt states, giving me a dirty side-glance.

I roll my eyes and ball my hands into fists. This argument thing going on between us is getting out of hand now.

"No need to throw shade Newt." I spit, pushing myself off the wall too. "I say we ignore Newt's point. Yes, Eli has strength to him. But, he also has natural talent for medical practices. If you," I address everyone, turning to Newt when I say you, "are talking about making him a Track-hoe, Gardener or Builder then I say no. It's harder to teach people how to be a Med-Jack, whereas being a Builder you require strength and for Gardening you require resilience. Those are things you don't need to teach. Someone is always going to have resilience or strength. People are rarely going to have intelligence in medical practices."

Alby nods his head in thought. "She has a point Newt." He murmurs, sparking a fire behind Newt's eyes. "No she doesn't! She's being biased because he's caught her eye. She is barely doing any work at the moment anyway. And having Eli working alongside her will only make the two do less work and more flirting. It's not professional, and frankly it's annoying." Newt yells, mocking the name I called the boy of topic. And like a fire, when it starts, it spreads. Spreading to me.

"Me?! Biased?! No! It's actually you that is biased because you just don't want him working with me. Because of your own feelings. Now that's what I call unprofessional." I quip back, pushing away Gally's hand when he tries to pull me back. "Dani, stop." He whispers to me, finally grabbing my arm and attempting to pull me back. "No, I'm not going to stop! He's being a hypocrite and I'm not going to sit back and let him walk all over me because he thinks he has some authority over me-"